cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

brody6762
Adept I

Ryzen 3600x bug

Hi guys, After all the possitivity around the new Ryzen chips i decided to finally move away from the blue team and give the red team a go. Unfortunately it's been nothing but hassle and while iv got a temporary fix for my issue, its defiantly not satisfactory and i'm seriously considering cutting my losses and redoing my build, I built my new 3600x, 3200MHZ corsair lpx ddr4 ram and MSI B450M Mortar machine ready for some new games coming out this month, starting with Gears 5 this week then Borderlands 3 next. So my issue.. Since i finished my build 4 weeks ago i did everything by the book, Updated MB bios to support the chip, enabled xmp and everything booted up first time. I was happy as i did a fresh install of windows onto a ssd and first thing i did was download the chipset drivers and it auto activated ryzen balanced powerplan after a reset, then i installed my gtx 1080 drivers, motherboard ethernet, audio driver ext and so on. I instantly noticed in games, Mainly Battlefield 5, Battlefront 2, The division and Quake champions id get a little stutter where it would freeze for a split second and continue, this would happen every 30 seconds to a minute but sometimes more. I Looked on forums and people were having the same problems and being told to check cpu voltage spikes using Ryzen master hwinfo, rivatuna ext. I am familiar with this software so downloaded it, set it all up and sure enough the cpu was hitting high volts randomly then dropping. I waited for a chipset and Ryzen master driver update which allowed me to play Destiny 2 again which was great and also updated my MB bios as that had a update too. Problem fixed, so i thought. Now whats happening is i will start my pc and run a game it works fine, smooth frame rate, no stutter and no complaints at all, very happy with my performance gaming at 1440p on a 144hz monitor. When i quit a game and start another game or even the same game the problem comes back. If i restart my pc and boot a game up again from a fresh boot its fine. So im having to restart my pc every time i want to change application. Any idea what this could be because iv spent at least 3 days in total reading forums, changing and making new powerplans and the problem still persists.

Im using a corsair h100i pro aio cooler and getting good temps, GPU is at stock and not overclocked and worked fine in my intel i7 rig. Will this get fixed via a chipset update as im sure its a cpu problem, is anyone else having the same issue, Please help. Many thanks 

0 Likes
5 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

1. set to "High Performance" as Power-Plan

if that doesnt help:
2. OC CPU to fixed 4.2GHz with around 1.25-1.35V

also check if your RAM-OC (and XMP is OC) is stable - otherwise add some voltage

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Ram is OK as tested that before and after mb bios update. To be fair iv not tried the high performance power plan since the destiny 2 driver fix as a couple of my cores voltages go as hight as 1.438 on balanced which concerned me and high performance I'd assume would make them higher but will make that my first job tonight definitely. I would rather not tamper with voltages ext myself if I can help it and quite honestly shouldn't have to. I'll see how the high performance plan works out 1st and go from there. Thank you 

0 Likes

Hi brody6762‌ - The new Ryzen balanced mode is definitely recommended now and there's no need to mess with voltages etc and the temporary spikes shouldn't be too much of a concern (but keep an eye on it of course).

Before I come up with suggestions, I do have one question for you: since you migrated from an Intel rig to AMD, have you performed a fresh install of Windows as well? Just asking because I had similar issues with the intermittent stuttering when I swapped out an Intel i7 board/cpu for a Crosshair/3700X using the same Windows installation. I uninstalled all Intel helper apps and it was immediately better and eventually I just wiped and reinstalled Windows.

Also, there are a few fixes coming up with the next BIOS update AMD is providing to their board partners - so keep an eye out for that as well. For reference, see @AMDRyzen on Twitter. Information was posted today (9/3/2019).

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes

This is good news, Thank you. The high performance power plan to my surprise help drastically improved performance. Still not perfect but iv made a temp manual overclock which i will keep active until the update drops as the manual overclock seems to have gotten rid of all problems from the hour and half of testing. I have followed them on twitter and will be keeping my eye open for the update. Many thanks for your reply

0 Likes

You were right. First of all the high performance power plan helped improvement quite a lot which then made me try an overclock manually using ryzen master with your recommended settings and its running fine now, So its been the power plans all along. I put it 4.2 on all cores at 1.35 voltage and its ok. Am i ok to just leave it like that for now or do you recommend lowering the voltage slightly as i started from the highest value you suggested? Really appreciate your help