cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

red5
Challenger

Ryzen 1700X build with dual RX 480 4GB cards

This is a rig one of our gaming group members built.  I thought I'd share it here rather than post it in my own personal 'rig' section since it isn't mine.

I thought I'd offer up any benchmarks people may want (if we can provide them). We're having a LAN party the 25th and this will be there.  Could give you a chance to see what Ryzen will do with Crossfire 480.

17239718_1505560426129063_4554242430340754329_o.jpg

19 Replies
kxuping
Forerunner

Re: Ryzen 1700X build with dual RX 480 4GB cards

is that an original ryzen cpu sticker?

red5
Challenger

As far as I know it is. I can ask to be sure though.

red5
Challenger

He had a friend make it for him. I'm trying to get more details, and if his friend would want to sell them.  I'll keep you posted.

derrickgott007
Miniboss

Please do not post links to sites selling unlicensed Ryzen stickers.

red5
Challenger

Are there licensed stickers available somewhere?

derrickgott007
Miniboss

Not sure if there are, but these forums are not a place to conduct personal business.

red5
Challenger

I don't make the stickers or sell them. I was just elaborating on a question someone asked. Nor do I know the person who makes them and sells them. I just linked to an entire page of Ryzen stickers. There are several that are pretty nice looking and seem to be exact replicas of the logo. I'm sure AMD would be aware of this kind of thing and could send notifications not to be selling them.

I know AMD has put out a limited number of stickers as giveaways, but probably doesn't want to be in the business of selling stickers for a couple bucks. Maybe an AMD employee could chime in, but I remember this same sort of thing going back about 20 years.  People always want to represent on their cases and such, and various websites have sold stickers through the years.  For a company with a miniscule amount of market share I think any name recognition is good.

red5
Challenger

I did a google search for 'amd t-shirts' and found this previous thread AMD Gadgets, T-Shirts etc.

There are only a couple of responses, but there is a link in there that goes to a site selling AMD branded gear.

So it begs the question, if AMD isn't going to sell their own swag, how do they feel about other people selling stuff with their name/logo on it.

I just know I've seen various items through the years for sale, but I have no way of knowing if it was somehow licensed.

derrickgott007
Miniboss

Either way, please refrain from posting anything that's not official AMD gear on these forums.