cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Re: Ryzen 1700 Build. sometimes is bottlenecking.

Good deal. Just use your SSD as your primary drive and your HDD as your storage and you should (tm) notice a difference in overall system responsiveness. The WD Black should be fine for that.

What are you temps like idle and under load? Just asking based on previous issues.

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

The WD black makes so much noise. give me 5minute of your time and if you can Please kindly suggest me one? if just sent my WD black for refund and tomorow the guys going to come and collect the ram

0 Likes
derrickgott007
Miniboss

You must have mounted it wrong.  My WD drives are near silent.  I'm advising you to slow down a bit with your products,  and get someone older and more experienced with PC's to help you build.   You've had WAY TOO MANY problems, and so far you're the only factor that's constant. 

Don't be afraid to ask for help.

0 Likes
derrickgott007
Miniboss

Look at the Adata SU800.  It's a great affordable SSD.

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

In your situation, I would install Windows, games and apps on the SSD and keep all your downloads, files, music, videos archived on the secondary drive.

If noise is the primary concern, I would grab the green edition WD 7200rpm.  Western Digital WD Green WD10EADS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare...

They will run far cooler and quieter than either the Blue or Black edition.  However, the Green edition will have longer wake and seek times.  You might notice a delay if the drive hasn't been accessed in a while as it spins back up.  So if you are not just using the drive for data storage (files, videos, music) and installing actual software on here instead of the SSD, then I would keep the black edition you have and try to quiet it down with something like this:

Scythe SCH-1000 HIMURO Internal HDD Cooling Enclosure PreviousUpNext-Newegg.com

0 Likes
kxuping
Forerunner

Buy a cheap sata SSD 120GB of any brand (I like crucial) and install your OS there. All movies, games etc.. on the 1TB hdd. You should have enough space to install one game on the SSD. Steam allows you to install games on different disks, blizzard too. 8GB should be enough to use your PC and game without problems.I use more than 8GB when using virtual machines or work stuff.

If you are using Windows 10 the Prefetch/Superfecth service sometimes use the disks like crazy when you are gaming/working. You can test disabling/enabling it.

markus7912
Adept I

XD. Have buyed 850 Pro 2Tb, and the old HDD put into the Recycler. XD Have no more speed problems.

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

so guyys i've got 240gb sandisk ssd and seagate barrcuda HDD for now, RAM 16GB all done everything is smooth and disk performance is also great. so what i did was i went into my bios and turned on xmp and seleted profile 2 which is 3000mhz memory clock i think. ###what do i need to do now? anything? is it safe what i did.

theminiondude
Adept III

Xmp profile 2 doesesnt work

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

I Ran 3D mark test and it gave me 6,103 score. now i am 100% sure its bad, i should be getting around 7,000 right?

0 Likes