cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Ryzen 1700 Build. sometimes is bottlenecking.

These Are My Sepcs

CPU: Ryzen 1700 Using the Stock Cooler

GPU: GTX 1070 Armor 8G

MOB: B350 tomahawk am4

RAM: 8GB corsair vengence 3200mhz ram

SATA:1TB WD Black 7200rpm 6GB

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W

CASE: NZXT S340 Red

This is my budget build so dont expect me to upgrade my storage to 1tb SSD. First and for most THanks for helping me out if you wish to

I will be upgrading my Ram to 16GB 3000mhz but going to need little help with over clock

I noticed that when i try to multi task such as browsing internet and opening photoshop my pc slows down. the cpu usage is a problem and so the ram but it does get to 80% thats why i am getting 16GB and ryzen seems to play better with ram as well.

the problem now is the HDD. I could go for for SSD and not have any HDD. but since i am going to download games like cod and apps like adobe, photoshop, after effect and premier its going to have 0 space left. the best choice for me is to go with HDD. here is the example. check out the picture link below

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

the disk usage also goes up to 100% and the whole computer little freeze and slows downlload. but the computer does feel very powerfull sometimes.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Ryzen 1700 Build. sometimes is bottlenecking.

Just my observation and maybe not my place to point it out but you have multiple, related posts

My New built seems VERY SLOW

Need Little Help with over clock

I would keep it all together under one posts so people are more likely to help out and the information you can use isn't scattered about.

As for this post, you can always have a smaller SSD (the smallest you can afford that will also hold your OS) and use your current HDD as a secondary or storage/work drive. For instance, install the OS on the SSD, and all apps and storage can be on your HDD. Having an SSD will show an overall speed increase, but it isn't necessary for gaming or most non-read/write extensive applications. For Adobe apps you can dedicate a "scratch disk" which is nothing more than dedicated space on your SSD, but that's something you probably already know how to do.

Upgrading your memory will also help especially with the applications you mentioned.

I don't know if you've seen my answer on one of your posts about first running some basic benchmarks to ensure everything works together? I still recommend doing that before making any major changes or putting the system to full use. It's better to work out all the kinks if any in the beginning.

Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Please stop spamming the forums with multiple threads about the same problem.

Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

I can tell you, it's 100% NOT THE RYZEN 7 1700 that's bottlenecking.  I've used the Ryzen 5 1600x, and it ran multiple programs at once no stutter and no slowdown.   You're problem is more than likely software or your HDD.  

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

derrickgott007 Thanks for the irreverent comment. Much appreciated. also to make things clear, i am not spaming, 2 i dont know how to delete, 3 your not helping the situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

derrickgott007 i am going to return my currect drive and get seaguate seagate barracuda 1tb or should i go for wd blue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Thanks and yes i did read your reply. i ran the first test and i got over 6.1k and under 6.2k didn't remember the exact score for the 3DMark. i am going to run the test again when i get my 16gb 3000mhz and Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" Internal SSD also thinking of eagate barracuda 1tb replacement. Please let me know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Hello,

I think you'd definitely get the most mileage out of installing your OS on an SSD, or even a second HDD.  The problem with running a single HDD, is the data needs to be read and written by a mechanical arm on a magnetic platter, similar to an old record player.  In order to read and write anything, the platter needs to spin to where the data is located.  As you try and multitask and increase the queue depth, the latency of the mechanical hard drive will become more an more apparent.

SSDs are nice as they have no moving parts, and thus are freed from that latency.  But even a second HDD to install apps on will free the OS drive up and make things run a little smoother.  The higher the RPM speed on the drive, the better off you'll be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

alright thanks mate, so i am getting 240gb ssd just for windows to run and hdd for all the other apps. i know which ssd i am getting but not sure about hdd. could you please help me out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Well, on the HDD drive you certainly shouldn't go for the WD Blue, as those tend to have slower rpm speeds than the Black edition you already have.  Why are you replacing the black edition drive?  The Black edition is Western Digital's performance brand and it's unlikely the Seagate will be faster.  As long as the Seagate spins at 7200 rpm it should be fairly comparable though.