cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cptluckystar
Adept II

RAM supposed to be 3k but BIOS says it's 2133 and CPUZ says it's 1064.5

So I upgraded my DDR4 2133 16 GB RAM to 32GB  DDR4 3000, but as the titles says BIOS and CPUZ don't recognize it as 3K it's a ASROCK B350-HDV Micro ATX,  Asrock support page says "DDR4 3200+ (OC)" Does that mean the  MOBO only supports that speed it if it's Over Clocked? The board I'm upgrading to Asus Strix B-450F says "Dual Channel DDR4 4400MHZ (OC), does that mean I won't have to OC to get the base memory speed? I'm a bit confused.

0 Likes
4 Replies
pauln
Adept II

Try setting the XMP Profile.

If you do not get an EZ mode (some ROG boards go straight to advanced mode), then the option is under the AI Tweaker tab, in the AI Overclock Tuner option. For ASRock motherboards, navigate to OC Tweaker and scroll down to the DRAM Timing Configuration. Adjust the 'Load XMP Setting' option to Profile 1. I really have no idea what your BIOS UEFI looks like so i would say look at your Manual and see if your MOBO has a XMP Profile..
0 Likes

Did what you suggested loaded the XMP profile but it it still says the same in  CPUZ, any idea what might be causing this? So from what I've read CPUZ isn't always accurate, it was suggested to check the Task Manager and see what it says. but it doesn't show the DRAM speed. I OCd it to 3200 in the Tweaker, I think I left it on the XMP profile and I ran Userbenchmark and it shows clocked at 3200 so I guess it's the CPUZ that just doesn't show it right.

Thanks

0 Likes

DDR=Double Data Rate

pauln
Adept II

This is for 3600 memory IN CPUZ it shows Half for each stick adding up to 3600..