Ryzen 1700 with the stock cooler

GTX 1070 8g Armor

8GB ram 3200mhz

1tb black WD hhd

Seasonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze PSU

NZXT S340 Case

MSI AMD B350 TOMAHAWK AM4 Socket ATX Motherboard

BenQ GL2460HM LED LCD 24" HDMI Monitor

I've connceted all the wires and the front wires into the motherboard. 9 pins so its

1 HDD LED 2 P LED +

3 HDD LED 4 P LED -

5 ----------- 6 P Switch

7------------ 8 P SWITCH

9------------ 10

0 Likes
9 Replies
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Re: Pc wornt start from the power button

So to clarify, you have the power switch connector hooked up on the pins I marked with the arrows? I've manually shorted those pins to test a faulty switch, but if you have a DMM and you're not comfortable "shorting" those pins, you can test continuity on the switch itself.

power-connectors-question.png

globus5000
Adept II

tjek if the power connector is all the way in i got the samme problem whit my asus ch6

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

i tried all the combination how do i power up from the motherboard?

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

i've also used my case connector in a different pc to see if my new case turn on different pc and it worked. this means its my motherboard. is it okay if i get replacement? or i should go for different one, i already contacted the website i purchased and they are happy to let me return or replacement, i chose replacement. what do you think?

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

I'm not sure what you meant with case connector but check all cables like globus5000 said. This includes the 24 pin ATX and 8 pin connectors (see page 11 in the manual) - as for the 2 pin power switch that has to be where I have the arrows pointed. Make sure you're not mixing up "Power LED" and "Power SW". If that's all done - try a different power supply?

It's going to be either 1: connections (the ones I mentioned) not where they're supposed to go, 2: power supply turned off in the back? 3: dead power supply, or 4: dead mobo. Check the easy stuff first, then swap out the power supply to test.

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

As i said, the psu works fine in my old and so the case, the pins are connected to the motherboard, 24 pins, 8pins to the cpu, the backswitch of psu is on "I" its pluged in, both psu and the wall socket, and the wall socket is on as well. anything else you want to ask? i tried manually turning it on but still didnt work.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

try short pin 6&8 with screwdriver - if it boots your case is either wrong wired or cables broken

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
kxuping
Forerunner

U can test with the reset button too.

0 Likes
staggeredsix
Elite

Start from the ground up and test after each step

1: Reseat all power cables

2: Use another known good power supply

3. Remove motherboard and components from case

4. Remove GPU

5. Remove RAM

6. Remove CPU

Between each of these steps you should try shorting the front panel pins or using a built in power button.

If you get any power after removing the motherboard from the case : most likely there is a standoff somewhere bad juju ; if not next step

Check to see that the GPU is seated properly in the PCIE slot, after reseating if issue persists use another PCIE slot ; if not remove GPU and try next step

Remove RAM; if you get power reinstall RAM in each slot one by one. If you run into a dead slot RMA board; if no power move to next step

Remove CPU; if you get power check the CPU for thermal poop and reinstall. If still no power you're  most likely working with a dead motherboard

The plan here is to find the root cause and eliminate it.

Report back with findings. Or hit me up on Discord @FiveseveN