cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

colesdav
MVP

Re: No FRTC "Frame Rate Target Control" in 20.3.1 Driver

I am trying this now with Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2.
Thanks again.

pastedImage_1.png

colesdav
MVP

OK.
100% confirmed to work on Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2 on BFV.

Thank you drallim 

I tested setting

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"KMD_FRTEnabled"=dword:00000001
"KMD_MaxFrameRateRequested"=dword:0000003c
"KMD_FRTCInitialStatus"=dword:00000001

I variued the value of KMD_MaxFrameRateRequested and tested it at 59, 58, 57, 56 Frames per second on BFV with Chill off.

I also tested those values with Chill on and Chill Min FPS = 30, Chill Max FPS = 300.

Thankfully KMD_MaxFrameRateRequested value acts in a simialr manner to Global FRTC in the Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 drivers.

It sets the limit for makimum FPS with rapid mouse movement with Chill on.

I am very happy that this works for those who want to put up with Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2. GUI/UI and still have FRTC.

My recommendation is to install the Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 and stick with that unless you have a really good reason to use any of the Adrenalin 2020 drivers.

I just tested Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2 GU/UI and there are far too many problems.
For example.
I can use the GUI/UI home page button to start a recording but it wont stop recording and the hotkey doesn't stop recording either.
I have had four PC Freeze / Hangs requiring a soft reset with potential of corrupted OS after testing for ~ 6 hours today, mostly due to the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI.
Chill hotkey assignment is still broken despite reporting this for many Adrenalin 2020 releases.
Local Game Tuning is not picking up Global Turbo Profile set for RX Vega 64 Liquid - so you have to manually duplicate them.
The overlay seems to make up its own mind to decide if it will appear or not.
Many GUI buttons do not work at all.

The only postive thing I can say is when I did get the Turbo mode set or Turbo +50% power slider set I was able to complete 30minutes of single player game combined operations on BFV at 4K Ultra and record it at 1080p w/o having to use Radeon Chill & GPU undervolting at all.
This is a first.
It seems that AMD have done something to improve the driver stability on BFV at least.
The VRM temperatures were up to 85'C and the nothing crashed.

I am now removing Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2 and returning to Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1.
I will then see if using Windows driver update will still work to allow me to keep Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI and install 20.4.2 drivers.

lucianx
Adept I

I was having BSsOD when trying to play BF4 (Though, to be fair, I am running it using Mantle, thanks to a hack). The moment I switched to 20.4.1 the BSsOD stopped, and thanks to the fact that the registry hack works, I guess I'm staying on Adrenalin 20, as least for the foreseeable future

colesdav
MVP

I am finding that the Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI is far easier to use, works far  better and is more stable. 
I have been able to get the Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2 drivers to install with it.
The only thing that is a problem is launching Microsoft Game Pass Titles from profiles.

pastedImage_1.png

bobalazs
Adept III

to quote from reddit

Anyhow, I have only tested Frame Rate Target Control. I tried Chill, but I wasn't able to get it working. I am not sure if it was just my testing method or something else. Below are instructions to modify graphic settings without having the driver software installed.

• Open Registry Editor

• Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

• Expand the folder and select 0000

• Scroll down to KMD_FRTEnabled and change it to 1

• Change KMD_MaxFrameRateRequested to the value you want your FPS to target (this is in hexadecimal, 2F for example is 47 FPS)

ghost13
Adept III

It is back : )

Driver update 21.3.1

Under Global Graphics - Advanced - Frame rate target control <3<3<3

Now the next goal is to get rid of that Global Pandemic and get rid of Miners! 

Thank you AMD

S@M