cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Need help in making a decision

I currently have an MSI B450 Tomahawk tethered with a Ryzen 2600X, currently not overclocking (as I don't overclock, this processor will be my first overclockable cpu)

I would like to know if it would be better to go for a Cryorig R1 or would a custom water loop be better? (2x2--2.5x the difference in costs as the air cooler)

Any thoughts?

Case is a Phanteks enthoo luxe tempered.

fan configs

2 front 140mm fans (intake)

1 140mm and 2 120mm fans on top (exhaust) (I don't have anymore 140m fans at the moment)

1 140mm fan at rear (exhaust)

PSU and 2 120mm fans at bottom (intake)

also do take note that my GPU is a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 OC (2fans blowing heat to the top hitting current stock AMD cooler)

0 Likes
9 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

You would be getting around ~30c idle, ~45-48 heavy gaming and about ~60c on stress if you go with the Cryorig R1 which is great.

I personally would go for that, but if I wanted to water cool I'd get an AIO.

0 Likes

TOOOO EXPEN$IVE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ RIGHT

0 Likes
saywhut
Challenger

If this is your first time overclocking, go with the Cryorig R1 or an AIO water cooler.  I would not recommend going straight custom water loop until you get some overclocking basics down.  The 2600x will OC just fine on air.

jamesc359
Forerunner

Personally, even if I am over clocking I'll reach for the air cooler every time. Obviously everybody has a different opinion, but for me water cooling is just too much of a hassle.

Personally I use AIO coolers from Corsair for all of my PC's - which all use intel Processors. 
Only had one watercooler fail on me - a Corsair H100i - and I think it failed because of a PSU failure anyhow.
The watercooler was still under warranty and Corsair replaced it for me and even payed for the postage due on the RMA.
I think the corsair H150i Pro triple fan radiator supports Threadripper.
Bye.

That good deal!

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

reilly728
Journeyman III

Q: who going to build u or a tech?

0 Likes

added suggestion : that depend on what do you plan like Mboard, cpu, gpu, power supply. right then u can decide what cooler do u prefer? it is ur time take it easy don't rush to buy this that what ever think before u buy it is realllly expensive $$$$ especially ur place.

0 Likes