cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

abdul1991
Adept I

my R7 m265 is not showing its description and not used by any game,for every game it is using integrated graphics

My Laptop is Acer Aspire E15 series E5-551GT16Q has R6 1GB on board graphics and R7 m265 2GB as dedicated graphics ,where R7 is not showing its description and not used by any game,for every game it is using integrated graphics.In pass mark benchmarking, cpu-z ,Gpu-z it shows R6 full description but coming to R7 it is showing 0 MB and some where no description at all. Even I changed the

mother board but the same problem remains....

Tags (1)
7 Replies
charles4691
Challenger

Re: my R7 m265 is not showing its description and not used by any game,for every game it is using integrated graphics

I shared your question with a friend of mine here ,he is very smart an might have a solution to your problem

0 Likes
adr_tech
Miniboss

Re: my R7 m265 is not showing its description and not used by any game,for every game it is using integrated graphics

Im not exactly sure what could be going on here, I would say its a driver issue but its a laptop so that may not be the case.

It could just be the way Acer implemented the GPU, maybe since its a mobile GPU, GPUz and others cant really tell what specific GPU it is so it marks it as default.

0 Likes
abdul1991
Adept I

Thanks for your reply.I  found that AMD dedicated graphics has some problem or Rockstar games has problem, in GTA-V it is using 1 GB On board graphics,but for games like tombraider 2013,Grid-2 it uses 2GB dedicated graphics...is there any solution to shift the graphics to dedicated in GTA-V.

0 Likes
abdul1991
Adept I

Thank you.

adr_tech
Miniboss

Usually things like that would be found in game settings. But I cant be sure.

0 Likes
superjoeyprof
Journeyman III

Muxless switchable graphics (no matter which IHV provide it) was always a pain when a DX11 app didn't support it correctly. The main problem was the OS. With a naive implementation, the master GPU will be always the IGP, even if the app is running on the dedicated GPU. This is the problem with Rockstar's approach. The game can run on the dedicated GPU, but the adapter description will refer to the IGP. In this case the devs must use vendor-specific SDKs to solve this problem. This is why Microsoft changed the hybrid graphics implementation in Windows 10. In the new OS it is possible to determine whether the application is running on the IGP or the GPU with a standard DX11 code.

0 Likes
t77chevy
Paragon

not really a fix , but simply disable the igpu in bios and only leaves the gpu for use .

0 Likes