Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

milenko85
Adept I

Re: My (very soon) Future RyZen Build *UPDATE*

Looks awesome!

We have similar builds except for cooling. I am going with a Noctua NH-D15.

I too am doing the 1800x, Crosshair VI Hero board, 32GB Ram (I got G.Skill TridentZ RGB), I went with the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case and will but two Blue LED fans on the front, will also get a Samsung 960 EVO but probably 512GB. I know I will have 2 1TB SSD's and a 5TB 7200 HD. Not decided on if I will put the two SSD's in RAID as I always back up my files to an external drive anyways.

What power supply did you choose? I'm going with the EVGA P2 850W.

thefuzz1542
Challenger

PSU will be a Corsair RM1000, Corsair also supplied me with all individual wired sleeved cables to help push the red and black look.

stoggy28
Elite

I ordered my stuff today going with the nzxt 340 elite , kraken X62, Ryzen 1700x, crosshair 6,Asus Dual 480 8gb, 1tb 850 evo, 4tb HDD,32 gb of trident,EVGA P2 850w,NZXT hue+ 2 AER fans... Will be all black and white with tons of RGB lol

alexkywalker
Adept II

Looks fantastic, thanks for the inspiration!

My rig shares some of the core components (1800X, dual XFX RX 480), and I am also going with black and red as the main colors. My plan is to reuse as much as I can from my current rig Stark24which had an FX-8350 and ASRock MoBo.

I am thinking of going with an Iron Man theme and work on modding it over time. But this is not the place to talk about mine, but yours!

Dude, that looks amazing!

iwalkwithedead
Challenger

Re: My (very soon) Future RyZen Build        *UPDATE*

Sounds like a nice build, I look forward to seeing more of it

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Haha, thanks. would be if Amazon understood what a pre-order meant. They told me my motherboard would ship on  3/2/2017 and now they're saying they have no clue. So i also ordered one from B&H. I talked to a guy there and he said they will start shipping them within two days and he said I will be on that shipment. Amazon has been pretty rude to me for asking where my stuff is that they said would ship almost a week ago then tell me they have no idea when the next shipments will come in so i decided to give some else my business who actually helped me out

ajlueke
Grandmaster

I think you and I may be in the same boat.  I preordered the MSI XPower Titanium from amazon as the shipment date was listed as 3/2/2017 as opposed to 3/9/2017 on Newegg.  Turns out amazon likely had the date wrong, as my local Microcenter is also getting the board in tomorrow.  May have been a mistake on Amazon's part, or perhaps deliberate in an effort to sell their own preorders first.  In any event, I am less inclined to keep business with Amazon in the future.

thefuzz1542
Challenger

I feel the same about Amazon and future orders. The way they have been talking to me after they clearly had done something wrong is frustrating. It would be one thing if they gave me more information or straight up handled pre-orders differently but to get mad at me because they accepted more then what they could deliver is not cool at all. I was talking to some one who use to work in a Amazon warehouse and they said this common in how they handle pre-orders because they know most people wont change the order once they find out the pre-order was pointless because at that point most other online retailers are backlogged. If they were honest about it from the start and only accepted the amount they were going to receive like literally every single source of these parts did then I wouldn't be upset at them. To purposely take more then what they can supply (Its a simple inventory count that states accept pre-orders to = X accept back log after = X) and then give no information about ETA plus get mad at people spending hundreds of dollar to them when they simply ask where their stuff is crazy and I don't think I'll be doing Amazon shopping after this experience. This isn't simply because they were delayed in shipping my product, B&H, Fry's, Microcenters and Newegg all couldn't get it shipped till later but I'm not mad at them. They were honest, upfront and polite about it. The person I talked to at B&H was very kind and professional and actually gave me information about incoming shipments. I gladly took my order from Amazon and gave it to B&H

0 Likes
kxuping
Forerunner

Did you get the mobo?

ajlueke
Grandmaster

I have adopted a similar mindset at this point.    I preordered right on 2/22/17 shortly after preorders went live.  Amazon still hasn't filled my preorder and when I called yesterday they had no idea when boards would actually be arriving.  Most other online vendors have had pretty limited stock of the MSI board, if they've had it at all, so certainly Amazon isn't alone.  But, as you said, the lack of updates or any info at all has made me decide to take my business elsewhere, or I will, as soon as the board becomes available somewhere...