cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Re: My (very soon) Future RyZen Build

Crosshair is available on Amazon right now!

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Really? If so that's Awesome! I checked earlier but they didn't list anything yet. Thanks for the info

kxuping
Forerunner

no motherboard available with 4 GPU slots, only 2 GPU slots and quadfire (two dual cards). Sad Panda

ajlueke
Grandmaster

I think NVidia has stopped supporting SLI past two video cards all together.  Looks like AMD might be adopting a similar stance.

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Yea, with the performance being put out by single gpus now, data lane bottlenecks being taking care of  and the fact a lot of games still have issues with duel or more cards most companies are just going towards single or duel support.

blazek
Miniboss

Sounds good

kxuping
Forerunner

I wanted to reuse my current Quadfire R9 290X.

Only synthetic benchmarks and only a few selected games support or gain something with Quadfire. I knew that before building my PC, but it was my dream to have at least once a Quadfire setup.

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Oh I understand, I really wanted to a have build like that as well. I however went the "fun" way  (saying fun with max sarcasm) of getting a 220 watt FX9370 which left me the options of three motherboards. I really wanted to the Crosshair V Formula-Z,  that has many PCI-E ports but some of them would put the video cards into each other. Plus the FX9370, that mobo, 4 hard drives in RAID 0 plus a SSD for system and the two Asus R9 290X was often hitting my wattage at or a little over 1000 watts. With me being a hardcore corsair fan, the PSUs I needed of 1500 watts was more then I wanted to spend at the time.

kxuping
Forerunner

what memory are you going to use?

thefuzz1542
Challenger

I ended up going with Corsair Vengeance Red LED