cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I modded the Coolermaster Masterliquid Maker 92 so I can use it on my AMD system.

I pre-ordered the Masterliquid Maker 92 without realizing that it was only for Intel systems and since I don't have any system with Intel I decided to make this fit on a new AMD FX 8350 system I am building. I just took an older bracket I had and after using a jigsaw, drill, and tin snips, I bolted my custom bracket to the bracket that came with this and  it works just fine and is keeping the CPU cool. I haven't had the chance yet to get everything installed and I haven't checked temps under a load at all. This is on the Gigabyte 990FX Gaming motherboard.

14 Replies
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: I modded the Coolermaster Masterliquid Maker 92 so I can use it on my AMD system.

Interesting, I didn't know that cooler master had a cooler like this, it looks really cool!

The whole idea of merging a heatsink and fan combo with a liquid cooler is a good one, and im glad you were able to successfully mod it to fit your CPU Do you have any pictures of the mods you did?

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: I modded the Coolermaster Masterliquid Maker 92 so I can use it on my AMD system.

It cools better than I thought it would since the fan isn't pulling air straight from the outside of the case. It can be placed horizontally or vertically but if you put it vertically you need a full sized case. I have it in a Rosewill Rise and it is within less than an inch from the side window in the vertical position. I do have some pictures but I am waiting to hear back from Coolermaster to see what they want me to do since it might end up being used by them according to the person I talked to the other day. I don't know if I will hear back from them later today or sometime next week, I will give them a few days to get back to me and if they don't then I will post the pictures.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Dude heck of a job!  It looks good on there too.  I was wondering how good the cooling was on this so thanks for sharing it with us!

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

been looking at this cooler, awesome job at retooling the mounting!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

you think they will be sending you some AMD mounting brackets?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

No, they told me they couldn't get anything to work to use it with AMD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Interesting, but you got it to work! That must've gotten their attention

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Yea, the guy I talked to was going to have me return it and send me another of their coolers but when I told him that I had figured out a way to make it work he was noticeably surprised.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

nice cooler and great mod

0 Kudos