cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

turtle4sam
Adept II

how to get an rtx 6800 xt in Europe?

when i visit the official site from AMD and go to purchase a rx 6800 or rx 6800xt, there is no link to an europe seller.

When will there be more cards?

And when will there be an official statement from AMD why the stock is so low?

Right now i am in RAGE MODE. 

I spend 6 hours in front of multiple europe shops refreshing all the time, just to see that the card is sold out, but was never able to purchase it.

1 Solution

Just wait guys

TSMC's 5 and 7nm lines are full at least until the end of the year and maybe more.1124-86385-003.jpg

View solution in original post

23 Replies
SpyGear97
Adept I

Sam here, cant find Western Europe on the shop page. An the only working links are on North America in which they dont even deliver internationatly

Same for me

Gambitason
Journeyman III

The only possible way to get a 6800 (xt)  in west europe was to try and get it through AMD shop. 

1. AMD red team mebers got priority in the shop and could buy earlier then everyone else, so I can imagine most of the stock was gone at the official launch time
  2. I refreshed the page as often as I could and did see that there was an option to buy the products listed below. They where gone in 3 seconds. no 6800XT was ever offered in the AMD store. I can only imagine that the AMD red team mebers exhausted the stock
    • 6800 (non xt)
    • 5950X
    • 5800x

For west europe this most definitely was a paper launch.

I don't think anybody anywhere is expecting more than a trickle of stock before mid to late Feb. 

Some countries are expecting first stock in mid Jan ... 

So far, this is looking like the paper launch to end all paper launches.

0 Likes

i have see a 6800xt on the side. so for a few seconds. even manage to get one in my basket. but was redirect to a white side when click process order. and then it was gone. se a 5950x a few minutes later. and it was the same. think the 5950x was a bug. and 6800xt were only a few pices in stock

I have been searching around earlier today. 
Currently I have too many GPU to fit on my PCs all at once. 
Been holding off on proceeding with new builds until Zen3 and new AMD Nvidia GPUs were launched. 

Advice seems to be to wait for AMD AIB GPU launches and try to get one of those.

Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro+ is my preference so far. 

PowerColor RX6800XT Red Devil is already out for review.
I don't like the branding/styling/size of that one  but others might be o.k. with it. 

I look forward to see the RX6900XT launce and reviews. 

Not sure if AIBs will get to sell those though?

Major thing putting mer off RX6800XT is Blender performance versus Nvidia though. 

Revies showing it way behind RTX3080. 

Probably not the correct place to ask but does anyone know if AMD are going to make a major effort to improve AMD GPU Performance in Blemnder like they did for Blender 2.79? 

Thanks.

0 Likes

i have actually ordered one 6800 xt through amd shop from germany. just went to the amd website on launch day around 15:00, mashed f5 (togheter with a few other sites that instantly went out of service the moment it was launch-time).

i actually ordered a 6800 xt with paypal and could check out, order is now in status "order in process/bestellung in bearbeitung".

i don't really know, when or even if i will recieve a 6800 xt which is annoying. no contact-information for sales, nothing.

0 Likes

i hope the status of your order will update soon. I saw some rx 6800 at alternate.de but overpriced 764€ so i did not purchase it.

Other than that i also saw an rx 6800xt for 725€ at alza.at yesterday 23.11.2020 but it was sold out in miliseconds, i gess they had 1 or 4 of them. Did not see an rx 6800 or 6800xt anywhere else. I hope with partnercards we get more, and with prices more reasonable. I hope to find an rx 6800xt partner model for around 700-750€ and a non XT for 650-700€ and the founders rx 6800xt for 670€ and rx 6800 for 600€. What do you think the prices in europe should be?

0 Likes

@MightyHasenPups wrote:

i have actually ordered one 6800 xt through amd shop from germany. just went to the amd website on launch day around 15:00, mashed f5 (togheter with a few other sites that instantly went out of service the moment it was launch-time).

i actually ordered a 6800 xt with paypal and could check out, order is now in status "order in process/bestellung in bearbeitung".

i don't really know, when or even if i will recieve a 6800 xt which is annoying. no contact-information for sales, nothing.

same here - got an order in at amd.com (from Austria) - Order is Processing...from now on its a waiting game - AMD Support said i should call back on the 25th if the order has no update till then since they aparently are checking orders manually and validate them (which takes time ofc) - as long as the order is in and you have the confirmation email it should be sent out (when the stock replenishes i guess) *fingerscrossed*

matusalem
Adept II

@turtle4sam wrote:

when i visit the official site from AMD and go to purchase a rx 6800 or rx 6800xt, there is no link to an europe seller.

When will there be more cards?

And when will there be an official statement from AMD why the stock is so low?

Right now i am in RAGE MODE. 

I spend 6 hours in front of multiple europe shops refreshing all the time, just to see that the card is sold out, but was never able to purchase it.

Exactly the same problem for me, I bought all the components for my new pc, 5900X a great DDR4 kit an nvme 980pro ect ...
I have been waiting for this generation of gpu for too long, I'm really worried, waiting without knowing anything is tiring.

0 Likes

lets hope 25.11 with partner models we get some. rumors 7x more supply than before, but how will it look in europe?

AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT release date 

The RX 6800 XT has officially launched, although it’s proving very difficult to find a retailer that still has the graphics card in stock.

The RX 6800 also launched on 18 November, while the RX 6900 XT is set to hit stores on 8 December.

probably in december will come in europe

Just wait guys

TSMC's 5 and 7nm lines are full at least until the end of the year and maybe more.1124-86385-003.jpg

0 Likes
turtle4sam
Adept II

I think AMD should not have announced that the 18.11.2020 was the official release. Because in reality the 25.11.2020 is the real release date of the card when custom cards come in (if they actually provide enough).

The reference/ founders edition cards should be more like a beta testing card for customers and advertised as such.

MiCroft
Journeyman III

if AMD had balls they would kindly apologize for their paper launch. No shop where I got any hardware has even listed the 6800 so that you could order it there. I'm talking about the biggest shops in Germany (alternate.de & mindfactory.de)
Even Nvidea cards were listed there before the launch. Really really really bad performance and false promises. I've never been so disappointed with AMD and I have to say this. I'm a total fanboy and that still makes me very sad.
Until then, my 3800X and the 5700XT will continue to give their best together.

0 Likes

Oh wow... AMD managed to make AIB launch even worse than their own. I start to think that GPU department of AMD group is so used to suck ass that they decided to sabotage the launch when they finaly made a card worth buying for 4k gaming.

The prices of boardpartners on the rx 6800xt and especially the rx 6800 are crazy! 

Don't buy them!

I guess because the quantity is so low the sellers put ridicules price tags on them.

Here a good Video vrom Lets Get Techy

https://youtu.be/Ru5f1V1iClE

I  searched this morning for AMD GPUs in Europe & UK. 

I cannot find a single vendor with RX6800XT in stock. 
One vendor has lots of RX5700XT at 360-450 price range which is ~ similar to all year pricing.  
Others are hiking prices of remaining RX5700XT to 550+

Nvidia GPU situation similar. 
No new RTX3000 series stock. 
Prices of older RTX2000 series hiked up. 

However both companies have launched and therefore meet promises to shareholders.
That should push up the share prices. 
Which is all that really matters to them. 

Ordinary consumers do not matter anymore. 
An RX Vega 64 Liquid or RTX2080 is enough for the current state of 4K rasterised gaming and home productivity compute. 
RTX2080  "Ray Tracing" performance is O.K. for me on the few games that support it and DLSS is now good.

The RX5700XT RDNA GPU offers 4K performance similar/worse  to/than  HBM2 overclocked RX Vega 64 Liquid but is pretty useless for compute or blender in comparison, it is pretty much the RX480 replacement and still work in progress on ROCm.

I will likely just skip this gen of GPUs.
We all have much more to worry about than GPUs in 2021.

0 Likes

I have ordered a 6800 XT on 18th November 2020 on AMDs Website (Paypal, Europe, Germany) and the card just arrived a few minutes ago.

For the whole delivery process, i had no working tracking information. I just checked the tracking info after the card arrived and it was instantly set to "delivered successfully". Thanks for that -.-

Keep your heads up guys, it seems like cards are on their way if you were lucky and could order one, the delivery information is just not present at all.

How? it shows just *AMD - Sold Out

0 Likes

Newest news from AIBs suggest that after 10 years of being waaaaay behind nVidia 1st thing AMD did after getting to the same lvl as their opponent is to copy them and pump these prices really high. $650 MSRP is a BS. Powercolor that is not an expensive brand has $800 MSRP for their Red Devil with only 10% (so way lower than during 5700 launch window) profit margin. Nitro+ from Saphire has $770 MSRP and they also make only 10%. So in other words, AMD went greed path.