Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

how to get an rtx 6800 xt in Europe?

when i visit the official site from AMD and go to purchase a rx 6800 or rx 6800xt, there is no link to an europe seller.

When will there be more cards?

And when will there be an official statement from AMD why the stock is so low?

Right now i am in RAGE MODE. 

I spend 6 hours in front of multiple europe shops refreshing all the time, just to see that the card is sold out, but was never able to purchase it.

22 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: how to get an rtx 6800 xt in Europe?

Sam here, cant find Western Europe on the shop page. An the only working links are on North America in which they dont even deliver internationatly

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Same for me

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The only possible way to get a 6800 (xt)  in west europe was to try and get it through AMD shop. 

1. AMD red team mebers got priority in the shop and could buy earlier then everyone else, so I can imagine most of the stock was gone at the official launch time
  2. I refreshed the page as often as I could and did see that there was an option to buy the products listed below. They where gone in 3 seconds. no 6800XT was ever offered in the AMD store. I can only imagine that the AMD red team mebers exhausted the stock
    • 6800 (non xt)
    • 5950X
    • 5800x

For west europe this most definitely was a paper launch.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I don't think anybody anywhere is expecting more than a trickle of stock before mid to late Feb. 

Some countries are expecting first stock in mid Jan ... 

So far, this is looking like the paper launch to end all paper launches.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

i have see a 6800xt on the side. so for a few seconds. even manage to get one in my basket. but was redirect to a white side when click process order. and then it was gone. se a 5950x a few minutes later. and it was the same. think the 5950x was a bug. and 6800xt were only a few pices in stock

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I have been searching around earlier today. 
Currently I have too many GPU to fit on my PCs all at once. 
Been holding off on proceeding with new builds until Zen3 and new AMD Nvidia GPUs were launched. 

Advice seems to be to wait for AMD AIB GPU launches and try to get one of those.

Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro+ is my preference so far. 

PowerColor RX6800XT Red Devil is already out for review.
I don't like the branding/styling/size of that one  but others might be o.k. with it. 

I look forward to see the RX6900XT launce and reviews. 

Not sure if AIBs will get to sell those though?

Major thing putting mer off RX6800XT is Blender performance versus Nvidia though. 

Revies showing it way behind RTX3080. 

Probably not the correct place to ask but does anyone know if AMD are going to make a major effort to improve AMD GPU Performance in Blemnder like they did for Blender 2.79? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

@turtle4sam wrote:

when i visit the official site from AMD and go to purchase a rx 6800 or rx 6800xt, there is no link to an europe seller.

When will there be more cards?

And when will there be an official statement from AMD why the stock is so low?

Right now i am in RAGE MODE. 

I spend 6 hours in front of multiple europe shops refreshing all the time, just to see that the card is sold out, but was never able to purchase it.

Exactly the same problem for me, I bought all the components for my new pc, 5900X a great DDR4 kit an nvme 980pro ect ...
I have been waiting for this generation of gpu for too long, I'm really worried, waiting without knowing anything is tiring.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

lets hope 25.11 with partner models we get some. rumors 7x more supply than before, but how will it look in europe?