cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Ajwag22
Adept I

Re: How to buy Midnight Black RX 6800 XT

Sounds about right. What absolute crap. Some of us would actually like to play games and enjoy these cards. People who work for a living and can't afford to pay $2000 on ebay for a graphics card.

wim-bart
Adept III

And the person from Toronto on ebay offers 2 of them and has a confirmation of both cards posted. And he sells them both for 1999. Crazy. But I wonder, with limit of one card, he must have help from AMD itself or an AMD employee. Otherwise it would not be possible and it explains why many got an access denied message because AMD employees have a side income by scalping themselves or have family or friends scalp for them. I cannot prove it but one person can buy 2 of a limited number of cards and others are not even able to put a card in their shop baskets. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I had people interested in new PC builds with RX6800XT/6900XT. 
Cannot get them at all. 
Not a single GPU for sale anywhere I would trust to buy from. 

I am not prepared to pay $2000 on Ebay for a GPU from goodness know where.
I am interested to see how these next gen cards perform.

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

So the link AMD sent out an "advanced notification" to red team members, is essentially meaningless in the age of bots.  Bots monitor store sites 24/7, so as soon as product appears they buy.  Their constant requests lock you out and you get nothing.  Now, if AMD's link had sent you to a private store instance that contained the card, that would be another story, but that is a bit to much effort for them.  Instead, they dump product on a store and it's picked clean immediately, and they can act like they did something for you.

The "access denied" issue, is AMD's feeble attempt to mitigate the bots. The assumption from AMD was that bots are constantly refreshing and thus would get locked out.  Of course, scripts can be easily be updated to change the IP address periodically, and since the lockout is IP based, the bots can easily circumvent this.  Now they only people being locked out are regular users trying to beat the bots.  But again, AMD doesn't really care who buys their cards.  Not enough to really do anything about it.

wim-bart
Adept III

Handling bots on an IP based way is stupid. Because every day I spend 10 minutes during (my guessed stock update time) with refreshing the shop. And that might see me as a bot. So that technogy is **bleep**.

I think ordering an AMD product at AMD site always must be with an confirmed account. That way they also can make special offers. 

The way they do it now makes it easy for bots, because bots just switch IP because they run distributed over many computers. 

0 Likes
toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Exactly!!!  As I was saying AMD needs to protect there Gamers but they are not..  If they are going try to make the Red team feel like we are loved,  I think my solution above or something very similar needs to be implemented..  This way You earn your statues and get rewarded for it..  

0 Likes
sirpaski
Journeyman III

At this point raffle is the most sensible option

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Top it off with the fact that AMD's store can't handle all the traffic created by the bots, so in order to progress an order a regular customer needs to also be constantly refreshing, which eventually runs them afoul of the anti-bot measure.  

0 Likes
dreamquest
Adept I

Yes I agree to that. Its not so great if we dont even get a chance. Its only words from the company and does'nt even help us. Would be great if we got exclusive rights to buy first.

0 Likes
dreamquest
Adept I

Probably was a marketing campaign. If not then they should give us a second chance to prove it and do it right. Limit to one sale per member here.

0 Likes