cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Ajwag22
Adept II

How to buy Midnight Black RX 6800 XT

Does anyone know how I can try to order the midnight black rx 6800 xt supposed to be launching today? Been keeping an eye out for a special edition card to replace my red anniversary edition radeon vii and this seemed to be it but I can't find a link anywhere for the release.

52 Replies

I had people interested in new PC builds with RX6800XT/6900XT. 
Cannot get them at all. 
Not a single GPU for sale anywhere I would trust to buy from. 

I am not prepared to pay $2000 on Ebay for a GPU from goodness know where.
I am interested to see how these next gen cards perform.

0 Likes

Probably was a marketing campaign. If not then they should give us a second chance to prove it and do it right. Limit to one sale per member here.

0 Likes

And the sad part is that even their store isn't capable of handling the requests.
My mate and I went true the process of completing our order and after 1-2 hours we still hadn't received any emails about it.
Contact AMD Customer Support about it and all the operator could tell me was that we should have received an error message that the card was out of stock at that moment.

Why would you let your customer complete their order and be told that they just wasted their time...

ajlueke
Grandmaster

So the link AMD sent out an "advanced notification" to red team members, is essentially meaningless in the age of bots.  Bots monitor store sites 24/7, so as soon as product appears they buy.  Their constant requests lock you out and you get nothing.  Now, if AMD's link had sent you to a private store instance that contained the card, that would be another story, but that is a bit to much effort for them.  Instead, they dump product on a store and it's picked clean immediately, and they can act like they did something for you.

The "access denied" issue, is AMD's feeble attempt to mitigate the bots. The assumption from AMD was that bots are constantly refreshing and thus would get locked out.  Of course, scripts can be easily be updated to change the IP address periodically, and since the lockout is IP based, the bots can easily circumvent this.  Now they only people being locked out are regular users trying to beat the bots.  But again, AMD doesn't really care who buys their cards.  Not enough to really do anything about it.

Handling bots on an IP based way is stupid. Because every day I spend 10 minutes during (my guessed stock update time) with refreshing the shop. And that might see me as a bot. So that technogy is **bleep**.

I think ordering an AMD product at AMD site always must be with an confirmed account. That way they also can make special offers. 

The way they do it now makes it easy for bots, because bots just switch IP because they run distributed over many computers. 

0 Likes

Exactly!!!  As I was saying AMD needs to protect there Gamers but they are not..  If they are going try to make the Red team feel like we are loved,  I think my solution above or something very similar needs to be implemented..  This way You earn your statues and get rewarded for it..  

0 Likes

At this point raffle is the most sensible option

A raffle at least "feels" fair. 

Top it off with the fact that AMD's store can't handle all the traffic created by the bots, so in order to progress an order a regular customer needs to also be constantly refreshing, which eventually runs them afoul of the anti-bot measure.  

0 Likes

Don't exactly know when more cards will be available, but here is the link to the and store where the black 6800xt is being sold. I am also trying to buy one of these but it seems impossible since there are thousands who want to buy it as well. Good luck and check every Thursday at around 2:00 PM.

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy

0 Likes
tjp3000
Journeyman III

Hello there ❤️ from Germany,

here it is availabe at 4 pm on thursdays. Same page. BUT I think this time I again have been to slow. Same as last week. I didn't get one. The casual version of RX 6800 XT was already gone at 4:20 😞
Mh so sad. This midnight version would fit PERFECTLY to my new case and built <3. Would look awesome 😉
And would be probably hell of a team with this Ryzen 9 5950 X CPU - which is also an AMD product. At the moment there is another GPU - MSI RTX 3060 ti 2 OC. But i'd rather prefer the AMD card... menno ....

Guess some of you guys were lucky, weren't you? How did you do it? Also from the official website, right?

so have a nice time and good luck
best regards
Thomas

0 Likes

Until when are the 6800xt midnight black cards available? How do they know you are a member of the amd red team community?

0 Likes

Hello, 

Thank you Sir. So it's 15:00 - 3:00 pm here in Germany. I thought it would be 16:00 - 4:00 pm.
But I guess I am not a member of the Red Community. So I can't get it anyways :'-(
'Cause I tried it now for several weeks - I mean to get a RX 6800 XT. But no chance. I really want one from AMD and not a custom built. Actually I like MSI a lot. But I read the Original RX 6800 XT is better. Better cooling - more durability because not overclocked (at least not so much like the MSI version)
So I'll give it up probably. And stick with my RTX 3060ti... 
Although it was a great glimpse into the surface of AMD now. I already got into this forum 🙂
The plan was to get a super good working system with this Ryzen 5950X. I guess it'll work with the 3060ti also. The midnight version was the one i wanted because it would have fit to my other components sooo good. but whatever. 

People of AMD 
Farewell, and VERY GOOD LUCK and GOOD ideas! Also: Good ideas for your Ryzen - Radeon Driver thing u got goin' there! I won't need it now unfortunately but... I wish you the best.
Would have been nice to become a member of the mysterious RED team 😉

P.s.: I am sure you'll do it like i experienced it:
You know, the reason I decided to buy an AMD card (in the beginning i thought sincerly about RX 6700 XT) was this: I got this old AMD graphics card and (probably 10 years old) and it could run Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry - so amazing!!! AND I am SURE it is because YOU guys from AMD know (with TIME) how to write proper drivers. That ENABLE such miracles. This is insane good. I love it. And that's why and how I came to the RX 6800 XT. The Midnight version was then just the dream of the dream. But I am not Red Team Member :'( So sad.

*sigh*

Good bye. Nice to meet you guys. Bye.

0 Likes