cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Temo
Journeyman III

Re: How can you call this launch "Exclusive"!?

Same her ... its just not fair

0 Likes
eliske333
Journeyman III

Re: How can you call this launch "Exclusive". A call for a change, by AMD!!!

AMD and nVidia are becoming their GPUs to board companions as rapid as they are able to, it is not like they're keeping lower back, and the only ones making more money on the deal are the outlets and retailers.

0 Likes

AMD needs to actually do more to what like NVIDIA did and that's first drop the Digital River store back-end.

Then what both AMD and NVIDIA need to do next is require their products be shipped to brick and mortar retail stores. Not online.

The online shops (Digital River, Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy.com etc. ) are being exploited by a large underground network of shoe bot hackers, that are using advanced bots that hack online store API to bypass the online stores entire security/measures to simply add quantity of available item to cart and process payment through a process done completely automated for them through their Shoe bot API software.  They do that until the site is out of stock and they are on to the next retail site for the next drop.  

Look up shoe bot and cooking GPUs, and read about the real culprits to our weekly GPU drops instant Out of Stock fiasco that's been going since NVIDIA initially launched in September.   In the past this group focused primarily on gym shoes and buying them first to scalp/flip them, but thanks to the pandemic, growth in online shopping, and new GPU launch they have gone full swing into making GPUs their new market.

So sure you can point the finger at Cryptocurrency miners, and what they do with GPU(s), as I used to blame AMD and NVIDIA for not providing decent stock compared to what they did in 2019, but it turns we are both looking at the wrong direction, constant Out of stock problem is the result the relentlessness of Shoe bots who through their own somewhat illegal shopping exploitation have made themselves the middle man between AMD and us consumers.

It does not have to end this way,  AMD and NVIDIA could put a stop to this all together if they would just require all their products be sold at brick and mortar retail stores instead of online, with a limit 1 per customer requirement. 

Without an online option there would be no way for a group to single-handedly scrounge up all the GPU stock for themselves to scalp.

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

The fact of the matter is that is that AMD and other Manufactures are in need of doing something about this and this is what this post is about..   

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE: if they would just require all their products be sold at brick and mortar retail stores instead of online

They are all shut because of some sort of medical or financial or mental illness or something. 

most retails brick and mortars in the US (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Office Depot, Staples, Gamestop) stores have been opened for sometime, you just have to wear a mask to enter those stores. 

0 Likes
UnoZeus
Adept II

Selling at a physical location is overkill for me. I don't think ordering online should be an issue. A queue or digital voucher would be sufficient and convenient. Waiting in line somewhere is an even less likely option for most people. 

0 Likes
acguarnica
Adept II

Amen to that! The brick n Mortars are stuck having to sell ancient GPUs, which no one's obviously going to touch unless they're desperate due to their GPU dying from age or else.  I can afford many times to buy a card from a scalper but I would never give those worthless. lazy rats the satisfaction.  Raising the price to ungodly amounts for pure greed's sake and it feels like someone trying to insult my intelligence.  I don't take kindly to those kind of animals.   There is no use for them. period.

acguarnica
Adept II

Hahahaha, that actually had me chuckling.  thanks for that.

0 Likes