cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

nec_v20
Challenger

Expected CineBench R20 performance of the 5900X

Having spent a lot of time experimenting with first my 3600X and then my 3950X which I paid for (and with a 3900X my friend loaned me), as opposed to the Tech Media and Tech YouTubers who basically just tried to treat their 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs which they received as a freebie as if they were an offering from Intel and called it a day because they were either too lazy, or too stupid, to be able to do anything else I will share with you the performance you should expect to be able to achieve with a 5900X using the methodology I outlined in my article:

Updating my definitive guide to configuring the Ryzen 3900X/3950X and all other 3000 Series CPUs 

Conservatively I will estimate the CineBench R20 score to be 9,600 - 9,700 for the all-core and 615 for the single core score.

Essentially the the methodology used in the ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) from 1USMUS uses what I outlined in the article I wrote and has expanded upon it (although I have not yet managed to get it to run on my system as it doesn't seem to like the 3950X), and I have been in contact with the team around 1USMUS for quite some time and shared my experience with them, although I was not involved in the development of the utility.

ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) Guide by 1USMUS - Introduction 

Personally I will be waiting for the 5950X to be released and I expect that I will be able to achieve an all core CineBench R20 score of at least 12,800 with a single core score of at least 615 running the CPU completely within spec with up to a maximum of 1.3 Volts Set (about 1.287 Volts Get).

0 Replies