cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted

DirectX 12 Q&A on Thursday!

You've seen the Ashes of the Singularity and Fable Legends benchmarks. You know that AMD GCN powered hardware delivers low latency, high FPS gaming performance. Armed with this information, you have a few questions about the API. We'd like to help!  On Thursday, October 8th please join myself and Robert Hallock, AMD Technical Marketing Manager, for a DirectX 12 Q&A session!

From 2-4pm CDT on Thursday, Robert will be answering all your DirectX 12 questions live! We can't guarantee all of your on-topic questions will be answered, but we'll try! The name of the thread will be “DirectX 12: Q&A with Robert Hallock".

Until then, check out Robert explaining why he is excited for this new technology:

See you on Thursday!

EDIT 10/8: Please post your questions here DirectX 12: Q&A with Robert Hallock

Tags (3)
8 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: DirectX 12 Q&A on Thursday!

Is my suspicion correct that DX12 isn't just for gaming? Will we see 3D design/modeling/animation apps with support for it, and if so, which ones/when? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Great question! Make sure you post it on Thursday for Robert to answer!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Will surely do that.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

i`am a gamer, how will my R9 290 deal with DirectX12 games ?

will have the same support as R9 390 ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I want to know How DX 12 and UE 4 can collaborate towards new game, why everyone is saying DX 12 will use less overhead despite it beings higher than DX 11 ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

When we will see some triple A titles running on DX12?
How much can older card (GCN 1.0 and 1.1) get benefit from DX12 compared to new one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Make sure to post your question in this thread: DirectX 12: Q&A with Robert Hallock !