cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Did anybody manage to snag an RX 6000 series card?

How long did it take to receive a confirmation email?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Well it going take time do to bots.   If you see this don't buy second hand off ebay.  Make scalpers pay for there cards and complaint hen sell you them at a loss.  Give it a week or 2 for stocks to stablize launches always a high demand time for new product.  $1000-$1500+ bucks for a $650 card lol your better off looking at a RTX 3000 series You come out ahead.

Yea I would buy a RTX 3000 over a RX 6000 if it means that a scalper crys no sale.  Yea I am a AMD user not a fool as to throw money away like that that.   If your a true AMD person wait till stock are stocked or Just buy RTX 3000. 

GIVE NO MONEY TO SCALPERS!!!!

By the way AMD and other companies could VOID the warrenty on that making it paperweight.  Because it bought second hand.  Should anything go wrong.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Didn't get one

I wonder if the bots are actually people that already had them or just work there and decided to post them for sell on sites like Ebay since some have pictures of the actual item, a picture of a order with a discount,  or an order on Amazon when it was never available because I had it set to email me when it is. I call BS on this whole process cause I was up at 6am CST checking AMD, Amazon, Best Buy and Newegg and only saw the 6800 regular on Newegg for a short time before it went sold out, I noticed the websites constantly updating but never got the option to buy on either

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@butchboy It didn't take that long for my confirmation email to come in actually, I just checked back and it was pretty much exactly an hour.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

that`s cool, it```s just people flaming the scalper

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Nope, I got as close as having the card in my shopping cart about to pay and the payment just didn’t go through. I received an nginx crash error from the site... so sad...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

NO   Smiley Sad

I cant believe this is reality now.

1st Time in a loooooooooog  time AMD have a high end GPU that is amazing as far as I'm concerned  and now we cant even buy one.

Been Loyal to ATI - then now AMD  for ever and  Im so happy for them to see how well they have been doing and have come along  .   

This GPU  Scalping and or Botting along with  No Stock or  not not enough  products  just kinda kills  the  mood  ,  So  sad.

I Could buy  the 6900 XT now , and yet  there is none.   Nothing.  Nada.    Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The bot are crushing most of the new tech. Try to get a new RDNA2 powered game console, NOTHING! I can't get a PS5 even with "in-stock" notifiers. The Bots crush and crash the websites. It's awful. Every purchase interface needs CAPTCHA, and the newer ones like Epic Store uses with the "orient the animals" mini game.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

CAPTCHA does not work. Bots can get past that as well as many other safeguards quite easily now days. I have actually done a lot of research on botting for my own personal knowledge.. the only way to combat it now is to refrain from buying anything over priced. let those ebay buy it nows and auctions sit. mark every facebook market place sale as a scam. if they have to hold onto the product they won't buy anymore and eventually they will sell them at retail value because they are losing money holding onto them and you can only buy so many.. unfortunately most botters buy up everything, invest a lot of money doing so and if it isn't gpu's, they are making money on shoes, clothes, and other things.. There is a guy on youtube who puts out regular videos on his botting and what he does.. it is bull**bleep** but it is interesting at the same time.. Look up Unlimited Cop if you want to see what you are up against when it comes to botting.. 

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Nope. I got 1 gig internet speed and even refresh spamming I got into the site at 805, the 6800xt wasn’t on the page until 807 for me and when I added it to the cart it was sold out, I kept clicking it until it disappeared around 812. I’ll try again for the 6900xt unless amazon comes through like it did with my 5600x.

0 Kudos