cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Did anybody manage to snag an RX 6000 series card?

I couldn't get my hands on one, all were sold out - sadly!

To those who got one, post some pics! 

84 Replies

**bleep** these companies that do not care about customer service

0 Likes

I wonder if the bots are actually people that already had them or just work there and decided to post them for sell on sites like Ebay since some have pictures of the actual item, a picture of a order with a discount,  or an order on Amazon when it was never available because I had it set to email me when it is. I call BS on this whole process cause I was up at 6am CST checking AMD, Amazon, Best Buy and Newegg and only saw the 6800 regular on Newegg for a short time before it went sold out, I noticed the websites constantly updating but never got the option to buy on either

Tajx
0 Likes

The way that the bots are designed they can automatically add to cart and checkout faster than a human can refresh the page so to us it just looks like it goes from in stock to "sold out" in the blink of an eye in the same time that 100 bots already added to cart and checked out. This is why companies like Sony AMD Nvidia and MS should not allow automatic ordering without human interaction until the stock situation improves unless they want to switch to ONLY physical sales that way 1 person can't auto-buy 20 cards at once using proxies but all end up shipping to places the same buyer can retrieve them but can give avid gamers like me the chance to line up and support them and use them for which they were designed instead of a greed-induced profiteering selective of overly greedy product flipping scalpers.   These bots by the way are designed by scriptwriters that make a killing charging anywhere from $100 per month license key up to $20000 per year.  Its crazy this type of thing became such a problem that laws were passed deeming ticket scalping bots illegal by the US government back in I think 2016? might be wrong on the date... They need to add GPU's Consoles, Processors, and Shoes to that bill AND enforce it like its pot sellers and they are the old AG that looked like a pissed off Keebler elf that deemed pot the worst thing on the planet for some reason...  

Nope and dont intend to until they get the infamous Navi Reset Bug fixed... Its not rocket science to do so but AMD are ignoring consumers

0 Likes
atastyham
Journeyman III

I managed to place an order but I made one typo in my address. =(

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have emailed AMD but there seems to be no number to call and I really don't want my order to fail due to being overexcited...

0 Likes

I hope you cant

0 Likes

reply to the confirmation email

0 Likes
R_Feng
Adept I

A timeline of disappointment:

9:00am:  Radeon 6800XT becomes available.  Immediately add to cart...

9:01am:  Cart crashes with (1) Item added.  Not able to complete transaction......ever.

9:02am:  Product no longer available.

9:03am:  Radeon 6800 follows the same trend.

Newegg Experience:  MSI 6800XT becomes "Available" in a "Sold Out" status.

Luckily Ebay has plenty of stock if you would like to take out a second mortgage.

BossCraftGames
Journeyman III

Looks like I did, but I'm not able to view the invoice and I'm also not getting a confirmation email, so I'm not counting on it 🙂hmmmmm.png

They were gone before I could even watch one single review.

0 Likes

@BossCraftGames wrote:

Looks like I did, but I'm not able to view the invoice and I'm also not getting a confirmation email, so I'm not counting on it 🙂hmmmmm.png

Same Here. Got an Order Nummer and a Password to view my order. But No invoice and no shipping notification so far...

mine looks exactly the same - got a link with PW in the order confirmation and its "processing" since wednesday  (ordered from austria in the german AMD Store)

dpuza
Journeyman III

Was ready before 9am refreshing multiple sites, so of course I didn't snag an RX 6800 series card

0 Likes

Did not see it in stock anywhere

0 Likes
gmatheis
Journeyman III

No, this was worse than the RTX 3000 launch

Mine is still on the shopping cart. Was never able to complete the purchase @ 9:01AM since the submit button was giving me an error. Oh well, better luck next time with the 6900...

ROFLMAO!

0 Likes

vergognoso da AMD non me lo aspettavo

0 Likes
Gucci904
Journeyman III

Yes. 6800xt !

woot woot !!!

@blazek wrote:

I couldn't get my hands on one, all were sold out - sadly!

To those who got one, post some pics! 

0 Likes

Yes ! 6800xt 

0 Likes
skyleo
Journeyman III

I've been trying to get one for 2 hours, since release. Kept refreshing and checking the pages on the german amd.com website and occassionally the pages would change, but it still doesn't say that it's sold out.

Then I changed my language to English and after some clicking around it told me that it's sold out but the website was still buggy as hell.

Worst experience ever.

If I had known that I could order for Germany in English language as well and actually have it work I'd have tried that ...

0 Likes
Mozzzzzzzzzz
Journeyman III

From what I saw they sold out everywhere instantly. I'm holding out for the 6900 XT but judging by this launch I definitely have no chance of getting one before 2021, it seems...

Nope. Tried AMD site, Newegg, Amazon. All gone. Right at 9am.

Feels bad.

0 Likes
ruebert
Journeyman III

Nope, I tried AMD Newegg, Amazon and Best buy.  AMD was the only site i saw the referance cards but everytime i clicked add to cart nothing happened.  Amazon was the worst for me 0 results when searching for radeon rx 6800.  tried all kinds of variations and still no results.  Have a brand new 5600 CPU sitting in the box next to all the other parts for a new build but no GPU to put in in.  guess i will watch them collect dust until there is stock.

0 Likes

Best Buy hasn't sold their cards yet - they're still on "Coming Soon".

But they're known for basically posting new products whenever they feel like it! Haha

XA9
Adept I

Negativ. I tryed with my cousin on serveral websides to snap one.

0 Likes

You had to run your Web Browser at 240Hz on a High Refresh Rate 1080p monitor to see the GPU available for purchase and then the buy button disappear. Turning on Anti-lag did not help.

Yeah, just required me using a 3090 and a 360hz reflex compatible monitor for that peeker's advantage. 

Huh, maybe I don't need it. 

Timtheenchanterer
Journeyman III

s-l1600.jpgScreen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.33.19 AM.png

I got really lucky and was able to buy one through AMDs website.

I did recieve a confirmation email a while later with an order number and a password to access my order info, it says "Order in Process", but no shipment or additional tracking number yet. Still, (I hope) this should mean that I'll be getting an RX 6800XT?

0 Likes

How long did it take to receive a confirmation email?

0 Likes

@butchboy It didn't take that long for my confirmation email to come in actually, I just checked back and it was pretty much exactly an hour.

0 Likes

no!

6 hours trying refreshing, no chance, EUROPE

0 Likes

There were a few more 6800 and 6800XTs available on AMD's store around 8am CST.  Similar to the time they dropped on Wednesday, so it may be worth watching the store at that time.

butchboy
Adept I

I don't know if I got one.  I made it to the cart, but when I hit the "check out" button, the site crashed.  When I got back into the site, my cart was empty.   However, I rechecked a few hours later and my cart had a 6800 card in it.  I made it all the way through checkout, but have not received any confirmation.  Additionally, my cart still says there is a 6800 card in it.

So I don't know if I was able to snag one or not.  Who knows.  I may have been charged for a card that is not in stock.

0 Likes
sailorx
Adept II

Well it going take time do to bots.   If you see this don't buy second hand off ebay.  Make scalpers pay for there cards and complaint hen sell you them at a loss.  Give it a week or 2 for stocks to stablize launches always a high demand time for new product.  $1000-$1500+ bucks for a $650 card lol your better off looking at a RTX 3000 series You come out ahead.

Yea I would buy a RTX 3000 over a RX 6000 if it means that a scalper crys no sale.  Yea I am a AMD user not a fool as to throw money away like that that.   If your a true AMD person wait till stock are stocked or Just buy RTX 3000. 

GIVE NO MONEY TO SCALPERS!!!!

By the way AMD and other companies could VOID the warrenty on that making it paperweight.  Because it bought second hand.  Should anything go wrong.

SouthWolf
Journeyman III

Nope, I got as close as having the card in my shopping cart about to pay and the payment just didn’t go through. I received an nginx crash error from the site... so sad...

0 Likes
remsterx
Journeyman III

Nope. I got 1 gig internet speed and even refresh spamming I got into the site at 805, the 6800xt wasn’t on the page until 807 for me and when I added it to the cart it was sold out, I kept clicking it until it disappeared around 812. I’ll try again for the 6900xt unless amazon comes through like it did with my 5600x.

0 Likes
Alechall1990
Journeyman III

4C239A51-19A6-4D1E-9D5D-A072B8043E97.jpeg

I got one! Regular 6800 non xt with Ryzen 5 5600x.  Having some major issues running VR right now though. Probably a software problem.  

@Alechall1990 wrote:

4C239A51-19A6-4D1E-9D5D-A072B8043E97.jpeg

I got one! Regular 6800 non xt with Ryzen 5 5600x.  Having some major issues running VR right now though. Probably a software problem.  

Don't worry this time next year they will have that VR working great! Just in time for the next gen. LOL, just like Navi, well it mostly works now anyway. 

Seriously though what retailer did you snag yours from?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1150e 6800xt.jpg

Second hand selling French site, look at the prices here!
Don't even know if these sellers really have the card  available in their hands.

The same have been done with Nvidia products!
The same have been done with AMD Rryzen cpu!
Enjoy!

Hope that at least AMD Shareholders are happy!
Looking at the AMD stock price that is flying to its maximum high, when AMD can't even sell its products.
Worldwide customers i suppose, are not happy!

https://www.leboncoin.fr/recherche?category=15&text=6800

0 Likes