Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Definitive guide to configuring the Ryzen 3900X

You should be able to run 1.3 vcore and 4.275GHz without crashing, however. Seems like something isn't right with that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Definitive guide to configuring the Ryzen 3900X

I agree with much of what alphamachina‌ wrote but have a couple of suggestions.

My "philosophy" for want of a better word with regard to 3rd Gen Ryzen was to only configure the motherboard in the BIOS and configure the CPU and RAM with Ryzen Master.

To this end the only things you really need to configure are the LLC for the CPU an SOC. They should be set to the third highest values ("Turbo" for the CPU LLC and "High" for the SOC LLC) and of course getting rid of the splash screen.

I then set the max CPU voltage to 1.3 Volts - of course the Voltage goes down if the system is not under load.

I did load the XMP profile an jotted down the values I found there, and then disabled it again and entered the values I found there into Ryzen Master.

The one thing that you can consider, if you are mainly playing games, is to create a second profile with SMT turned off and this will allow you to get another 100MHz per core performance out of your CPU above and beyond the maximum you get running 12 Cores / 24 Threads.

You can find a lot more info here in the guide I wrote:

https://community.amd.com/thread/249957 

0 Kudos