Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

iamthesaga
Miniboss

Confused about Red Team

Jump to solution

I am a bit confused about joining the Red Team.  On the "Red Team: How to become a member" post it says,"To become a member of Red Team, candidates must have be registered for Community.amd.com, join the Red Team group, subscribe to at least one AMD Newsletter and be proud owners and users of an AMD Radeon™ Graphics Card."

How do you join the group?

On the other hand, on the home page for the Red Team Community, it says:

Want in?

All you need is to be awesome and have an AMD GPU or CPU.

Simple enough, right?

Your move.

Is there anything I have to do?  I just came across this forum not long ago from a post that kelleytech Tweeted about and I think it is great.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iwalkwithedead
Challenger

Re: Confused about Red Team

Jump to solution

There is a difference between being on the Red Team and being part of Red Team Plus. Being part of AMD Red Team is open to all, you can show support by added a AMD Twibbon or just by like and talking about AMD. So if you own or like AMD products then congrats you are part of AMD Red Team, simple right? xD

AMD Red Team Plus is different, it's a small selected group of people. In my opinion we are foot soldiers for AMD. We proudly support AMD and their partners and once in a while we will get products to show off and/or share with the community. We do pay it forward builds, giveaways and promote AMD to the fullest.

We are all fans of AMD, not fanboys, if you need help with a build, we will try to help with the right components for the job. Will we try to get you to use AMD products? Of course! but it doesn't necessarily mean we avoid or hate Intel ... just that evil Nvidia!!! lol joking

What is Red Team Plus? - YouTube

View solution in original post

12 Replies
iwalkwithedead
Challenger

Jump to solution

There is a difference between being on the Red Team and being part of Red Team Plus. Being part of AMD Red Team is open to all, you can show support by added a AMD Twibbon or just by like and talking about AMD. So if you own or like AMD products then congrats you are part of AMD Red Team, simple right? xD

AMD Red Team Plus is different, it's a small selected group of people. In my opinion we are foot soldiers for AMD. We proudly support AMD and their partners and once in a while we will get products to show off and/or share with the community. We do pay it forward builds, giveaways and promote AMD to the fullest.

We are all fans of AMD, not fanboys, if you need help with a build, we will try to help with the right components for the job. Will we try to get you to use AMD products? Of course! but it doesn't necessarily mean we avoid or hate Intel ... just that evil Nvidia!!! lol joking

What is Red Team Plus? - YouTube

View solution in original post

iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Wonderful.  Red Team!!  Thank you for the explanation!

iwalkwithedead
Challenger

Jump to solution

You are very welcome

You can also purchase some merchandise if you want to take it to the next step. Some members have some posters as well.

http://amd.corpmerchandise.com/?iru=true&ibo=true

bdodge85
Adept I

Jump to solution

I Have wanted to become a part of Red Team Plus ever since I was selected for the AMD Test drive Program. I have sworn by AMD my entire Computer building career. I have been active on most social media, I showcase my AMD rigs all the time, and have even managed to overclock some AMD CPU's to unheard of values on only liquid cooling. Since I have been unable to get a job with AMD I figured the next best thing would be to strife for AMD Red Team Plus membership. I hope to someday be Red Team Plus and be a part of the exclusive Family.

stoggy28
Elite

Jump to solution

Now question is how do we get selected to join the red team plus cause im thinking of streaming overwatch when it comes out and would love to be part of the team

iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

bdodge85​ Maybe your time will come one day.  The RT+ program seems great as well as just having a Red Team in general.  What social media outlets are you on?  How is your activity here on the community forum?  Care to share some of that here?

0 Likes
iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

stoggy28​ You can still stream it as a Red Team member    What platform you going to stream on?

stoggy28
Elite

Jump to solution

Most likely twitch was testing obs earlier had it working fine been awhile since I streamed might do some youtube uploads as well don't got many subs but got close to 75k views on 3 or 4 of my vids

bdodge85
Adept I

Jump to solution

I Am on Twitter. Brian Dodge Jr. (@BrianDodgeJr) | Twitter 

I Am on facebook Security Check Required

I am on Linkedin. www.linkedin.com/in/brian-dodge-58547962

I have not been as active on this forum as I would like. I will be getting more involved though now that I rediscovered it.