cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Rogue13
Journeyman III

Bizarre Business Practices

I'm just honestly confused at this point.  You would think that after the disastrous example that nVidia set, that AMD would be pounding them into the dirt. Yet, inexplicably, they are doing the exact same moronic things, as if they are both reading from 'Tech Releases for Dummies'.

nVidia lets scalpers buy everything in seconds.

AMD lets scalpers buy everything in seconds.

nVidia doesn't learn anything from their 3080 launch and does the exact same thing with the 3090 and 3070.

AMD doesn't learn anything from their CPU launch and does the exact same thing with their GPU launch.

nVidia won't do preorders, even though companies like Barb's Yarn Barn can figure out how to do this.

AMD won't do preorders, even though companies like Barb's Yarn Barn can figure out how to do this.

nVidia says nothing about when new product will be released, leaving their customer base in the dark.

AMD says nothing about when new product will be released, leaving their customer base in the dark.

AMD gets a new sin all their own.  When I go onto the AMD site to find out if I can by a 5900x, I get the option of going to an AMD partner... and buying the $550 card for $936.  Great job, AMD.  Even nVidia wasn't moronic enough to invite the scalpers into the walls.

AMD was positioned to crush nVidia, but by making the exact same mistakes, they are completely pissing on their opportunity.  nVidia costumers were so pissed about the mishandling of the 3000 series launch that they were begging to jump ship to AMD. 

Both of these companies seem to be so frightened of transparency.  'We're shipping out this many of this product this week to this place.  Next week we'll ship this to there.' What do you lose?  Do they not realize how many people would willingly fork over hundreds of dollars right this instant if they could just be given a date when their product would arrive?  I can't get it till February, but you're saying it'll be here on Feb 7th?  Fine, take my money.  Just simply bizarre how these folks are choosing to do business.

3 Replies
SpyGear97
Adept I

They said "we wont do the same error aas Nvidia did" lul. Fact is, why would you sell a graphic card that literally doubles your previous one and is even better in gaming then the better in commerce to everyone? I mean, they must have a lot of stocks remaining of the 5000 series and with black friday and cyber monday approaching, you know, it's better to let the hype going further. I think they wanted to let lot of this GPU available but for the fact that there is a lot hype, econoist of amd had seen that they will have the most earning with this maneuver. I had the GPU right in front of me, put that into the cart, cart doesnt open. After that, "Access denied to this website". Even on amd.com not only amd store. Fun thing is that i'll take it anyway even after what they did to me, dont know if other users experimented this kind of "error".

0 Likes

Cerulean Blue is on pre-order at Barb's Yarn Barn.  Limit 1 per crochet hook.  Captcha required.  

0 Likes

You need to wait for Black Friday when it goes on sale. Smiley Tongue

0 Likes