cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Anyone else get banned from Buying a Graphix card?

I was up good and  early trying to get a card, and no I was not using a bot. The only spamming I did was the refresh button.  I was banned from all of the different sight urls.  I get this message across all..

toasttheoriginal_0-1617801277102.png

Here it is from the direct link:

toasttheoriginal_0-1617801500783.png

1 Solution
C_olsen
Adept I

clear your cookies and restart the browser, that fixed it for me. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
SystemZ01
Journeyman III

I didn't understand this either. I received this message for doing the same thing when the 6800xt first arrived. I'm sure I wasn't the only person doing it, so how are you supposed to get a card??? Frustrating I'm sure.

I know, how are you suppose to see if it is in stock if you do not refresh!?.. AMD should have use sign into here and then have us purchase through the a url given to use in our message box..  AMD has there heads way up there rear ends and or lazy as hell..  I use to love this company but there actions lately seem very odd from the AMD I knew...

I have even tried a flush and register dns as well as release and renew of ip still did not let me... Oh well another fail for AMD..

I had the same message at some point. It cleared after a few days, possibly after my home public IP changed.

Same thing happened to be with best buy and that also took about a week to fix itself (could also be due to a different public IP).

0 Likes

How long did it take before you didn't receive that message anymore? I believe its based off blocking your IP address most likely which makes sense because constantly refreshing the page is essentially the same thing as a DDOS attack and their servers are going to block you to reduce traffic. 

0 Likes
Reynster
Adept I

I didn’t get banned but I got stuck in the longest string of google captcha I have ever had to do

0 Likes
RomanK
Adept I

Same for me. Did the exact same thing but only like once per second. Access Denied.

I can't really tell if it was a ban, but I think I wouldn't have had a chance to buy a GPU anyway without a bot infrastructure. The only thing I have is an automatic refresh bot (distill.io) which tells me when you can add selected products to your cart. I still have to do it manually if I ever have the chance.

I am from Germany btw so this could mean that access was actually denied on purpose, but I can only assume that.

0 Likes
C_olsen
Adept I

clear your cookies and restart the browser, that fixed it for me. 

Worked but once again to I'm to late, oh well... 

0 Likes

The truth is much more sinister then a technologic explanation. On eBay and maybe other locations there are scalpers offering more then one card.

One of the explanations could be that that person(s) just where lucky. But with the one card per address, luck can be ruled out.

The second explanation could be much more to the real thing. They are helped out by AMD internal employees and AMD just blocked the site for a couple of minutes and allowed only some specific IP's to shop. Why, cookies are in current times never an issue in 99.9999% of errors.

I cannot prove it, but it is the most logic explanation. 

0 Likes

My previous job if all else failed it was clear the cookies and that worked almost all of the time, so I can through experience over the last 4yrs say it is still a thing...  The stupid thing is that I did not think of it here.. GRRRRR😂🤣🙄

0 Likes

I got the stupid access denied, after trying to refresh my way out of a 503 error. Thankfully, my order made it through, as I got the order submitted email.

0 Likes

NICE! No luck here..

0 Likes

Got it in the cart and then they decided to ban me with that error.  Going to keep trying the shuffle, I think it is more fair, when a good card shows up. Be it Team Green or Red. At this point who cares.