Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

norumu
Staff

AMD Superfan VLAN - March 2nd

93723-superfan-vlan-social-1024x512.jpg

It has been a whole year since Ryzen began making waves in how the world defines high-performance computing and what better way to celebrate than to get together and game?!

Starting on March 2nd at 12pm CT/6pm GMT, we'll be on the AMD Twitch channel and the Red Team Discord playing all kinds of games for TWELVE hours! Ready your engines, because AMD Ryzen favorite, Robert Hallock, will be kicking off the event with some Rocket League!

Want to join in the gaming and maybe get some cool swag? There's only so much time for so many people. After reading the rules below, get yourself registered by replying to this thread and filling out this form, because the first 50 people will get some Red Team swag bags and the rest will get t-shirts!

Be sure to let us know what games you want to play & what Ryzen means to you in your replies below! If you’re not able to game, but want to hang out anyway, then hop on Twitch and Discord and join us in chat!

This will be a Bring Your Own Game event, so make sure your favorite multiplayer titles are up to date. Even if we're not playing it on stream, you can totally get groups together with the other Ryzen Superfans!

And, of course, there will be giveaways happening throughout the event! How does a WHOLE DESKTOP TOWER PC sound? Well, we have NINE to give, but alas, they're only available to residents in the US and Canada, minus Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, and Quebec. Please read the full rules for the giveaway to make for your best chances!

Important Links!

VLAN Rules

Giveaway Rules

AMD Twitch Channel

AMD Red Team Discord

Swag Info Form

---------

STREAMER SCHEDULE

​​

Who's On Twitch.tv/AMD
US Central Time (CT)Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
ROBERT HALLOCKNoon to 1pm6pm to 7pm
PHASZR1pm to 4pm7pm to 10pm
BEAR4pm to 6pm10pm to Midnight March 3
DERRICKGOTT0076pm to 8pmMidnight to 2am (March 3)
MOHOTASHI8pm to 10pm2am to 4am (March 3)
GIRLvsDUMB10pm to Midnight4am to 6am (March 3)

---------

REGISTRANT LIST

The first 50 people have been registered! As of this update, there are 7 people reminding me that I should include a line for "Forum Username" in those address forms next time, but I've reached out to them via PMs, so check them, please! We'll add to the list again soon as we get more cross-referencing done.

1. eisegreis
  2. anubismarc
  3. bernie8001
  4. blazek
  5. ehvox
  6. b0rdin1989
  7. tcgmeta
  8. rengy
  9. warpfact0r10
  10. johnweland
  11. eazydozer
  12. rqs-devine
  13. feiling
  14. Zephiris
  15. terminalgain
  16. larrydarren
  17. am1sf1t
  18. terrybear
  19. derrickgott007
  20. jmackay
  21. torynduron
  22. neuromantis
  23. ozsiix
  24. gtagshuffle
  25. phuri
  26. peternixeus
  27. aiko
  28. benman2785
  29. narc71
  30. arcticwind
  31. faleene
  32. darkwolfca
  33. thumper
  34. jamesc359
  35. iihavetoes
  36. wuvein
  37. theo_yells
  38. carpe375
  39. zealotki11er
  40. mohotashi
  41. californicated
  42. ganstakingofsa
  43. kxuping
  44. whiskey-foxtrot
  45. madakish
  46. darkwolfca WOOPS - See below
  47. caerbannog
  48. kenyurigames

#49 and #50 never got back to me, so I'm moving forward as if they didn't complete registration in time. As such, the two who can expect swag bags are:

49 2.0: drg197

50 2.0: swaccelerated

WOOPS - darkwolfca made it in there twice because spreadsheets make me go cross-eyed. So, next on the list is mr.bunny HOORAY!

The following list of people completed registration before the cutoff and are getting tshirts! Now, in no particular order:

jtitatr1pw1r3mr.bunny (Swag Bag instead)antics05drmariokart
randyc71timmahotoolsaywhutneondeno03
gridnospinalfailedjohnny_ceepjghangoutsjaynasty
phartindustboltzdameekandroidgalthesassthomasrm45
kayomi81virgo4udripandriptosblackdeathwildcard1978@hotmail.com
birdofnightkrankypantstoasttheoriginalmadakishrumbull
stoggy28frxninja85ajonasliwanagxxmicrosoxx

Now, I'm only human, so if you're totally 100% sure you both commented on this post and filled out the Google Form linked above before March 1st, 2018 at 2PM Central Time, then send me a private message with a link to your comment on this post and the email address or phone number you included in the Google Form so I can validate.

Oh, and the GIVEAWAY WINNERS!

DXixUvIVQAIY01h.jpg

[EDIT 7/24/18 @ 1:48PM] Locking thread to avoid confusion with the 2nd Gen Ryzen VLAN on July 28th. - Erin

312 Replies

True Red Team + is defunct. I believe there is something like Red Team Alum? I may have that wrong.

0 Likes
rumbull
Adept II

Sweet looking forward to the vlan.  12 hour HYPE!

tr1pw1r3
Adept III

I'll be there part of the day and I can play PUBG, CSGO, Titanfall 2, Fortnite, and Killing Floor 2.

0 Likes
stoggy28
Elite

Ill be there i got overwatch,fortnite,quake,battlefield 4, MWO,Battlefield1, and few others

Ryzen is the best multitasking price to performance cpu

sgtbilko
Miniboss

I'll try and be around for the whole thing

0 Likes
frx
Journeyman III

I would love to join up for some Rocket League and maybe even some GTA Online, PUBG or even a CS:GO AMD community match?

I absolutely love Ryzen! I remember reading every news article and rumor that was released back then and being finally able to buy

that damn thing in it's release week. I'm happy for AMD having such a successful product and I can't wait for the revisions with Zen 2 and 3.

0 Likes
ninja85a
Adept I

count me in and if anyone has steallaris I'm down to play that

0 Likes
g-red
Adept I

ill join.

Games:

The Division

Warframe

maybe others but those are the only 2 multiplayer games ive got installed right now.

0 Likes
kxuping
Forerunner

Number 43 of the list happy panda!

I prob wont make it in first 50

FeelsBadMan

0 Likes

I know I was very very close but unless some of those 7 don't get in then I won't be one of the 50 either. And they let those nvidia fanboys like Derrickgott007 and Mohatoshi in it, I mean, what have they ever done for AMD? Quick someone pour some salt on me lol.

jonasliwanag
Journeyman III

Wanting to play DOTA2 with the community. AMD ryzen 5 1600 was my choice because I am using it for both gaming and other stuff. I have been wanting a PC that I can play and work at the same time.

0 Likes
xxmicrosoxx
Adept I

Can't wait ill be on in the evening EST!!

-Microsox

0 Likes
itsmiffy
Adept I

Hey there! It's Miffy! I'd love to participate in this vlan, as it will be my first one, also because I'll be able to play games with all of you wonderful people and have a great time!

I'd love to suggest the following games, if possible:

- PUBG

- Overwatch

- Fortnite

- Quake Champions

- Left 4 Dead 2

- Golf With Your Friends

- Rocket League

To think about it, it's very complex what Ryzen means to me. At first, it started out as a cool thing to hear about when I first wanted to get into custom computers. I loved Ryzen because of the amazing price to performance, given that I wanted to make a budget computer. Much time has passed since then, and I've heard about Ryzen day one since I first came to the Twitch channel. Now, Ryzen has become a lot more to me. The people in this community and the games we play, and everything we talk about remind me of Ryzen. I feel as if by hearing about the Ryzen series, I have been introduced into something great; you all. You guys have changed my life beyond measure, and I can't say enough thank-yous for you all doing so. I love playing games and hanging out with you guys, and you all are there for me when I need help. I was struggling and working hard to try to get a computer, but you guys arranged a pay it forward project that completely astonished me. That was actually the best day of my life. I'm not joking when I say that. You guys all pitched in to help some random kid on the internet, and that's so amazing and really shows that we're all a part of a family. The Red Team family. To this day, I still cannot believe that I have the amazing computer and friends that I have right now because of Ryzen and the Red Team. The computer itself, along with the Ryzen chip inside of it serves not just as a fantastic gaming pc, but also as a reminder that I have been blessed with the massive help, support, and kindness of you all. You guys have told me that I received the build because of kindness, helpfulness, and being a good example. I will never forget to be all of those three things, and to be the very best that I can be all because of you guys. Each day I use the computer to play games or do homework, and each time I boot it up, I'm constantly reminded of how my dream had come true. It's because of that that I want to continue to be a great example for others by being kind and a good friend to all. And to that, I would like to thank each and every one of you. In short, Ryzen means more to me than just a high performance chip. It's the reason I found you all and the reason I want to better myself and be awesome. Thank you all so much, I hope to see you guys in the vlan. Much love ❤️ -Miffy

swaccelerated
Challenger

This will be my last VLAN using my FX chip,  ordering the last piece of the build during the VLAN Friday night and will be building my personal Ryzen rig when it arrives. SO much hype and excitement!

I have been a MechWarrior Online Pilot since launch day so I will be playing that with everyone interested.

I also will join Forza 7 for any speed monkeys out there!

Super pumped for your upcoming PC upgrade to a Ryzen System!! Count me in on that MechWarrior online action!

dryden
Adept III

Sweet!  I'll see if I can make time to join in some games.

Overwatch

KF2

LFD2

Doom

Ryzen means AMD love for gamers!

Thanks!

0 Likes

theres   might be aq few people under age on that 50 list one i know for sure   rules stated 18 and over jusr saying .  im stickler for rules is all

0 Likes
biogenx2b
Adept II

I'll be there Friday night. Game selection is negotiable.

swaccelerated
Challenger

Look what Phuri got!  amd vlan swag bag.jpg

swag bags already went out ?

you DOG

I got Mine today as well but planned on taking a pic tomorrow with the full regalia.

Oh man that is some sick stuff @swaccelerated

Is that the VLAN swag bag this year?

Yes it is! I'm bummed I didn't make the list in time!

0 Likes

Same Spinalfailed. They have a bunch of cool stuff in the bags this year :S

0 Likes

Yes it is,  missing in the picture is the fidget spinner and phone pog

...is that one of those things to grip your phone?

Btw games I'm certainly playing tomorrow: League (anyone surprised? Kappa ), Toontown rewritten, maybe I'll check out Soulworker

Yes it is

androidgal
Adept II

I saw what was in the VLAN swag bags  sad I didnt make in the 50.

0 Likes

You aren't alone! I signed up literally 30 seconds after I found out but alas it must have been to late!  Now I must be a sad Panda and wear one of my black shirts. 

0 Likes

The backpack, the keycap, and the spinner is what i'd like the most. Ugh, dang I am sad.

0 Likes

This looks like the best swag bag yet, I wish they would update those last 7 people, if they aren't responding to their messages then check them off the list and go to the next in line.

I'm definitely digging the red shirts! 

apstwitch
Adept III

I'm in - though guess too late for the cool swag

chojin_1999
Adept I

Totally ready for this.   My systems have always been AMD and my Ryzen is purring beautifully. Ryzen is community.  Games: Overwatch, Street Fighter V, Rocket League, Battlefield 1, Killing Floor 2, Quake Champions.

0 Likes
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Can't wait to receive my swag bag!

scruff_01
Adept II

Sounds like a blast if I don't end up reinstalling windows again

Good Luck with Windows.

0 Likes