cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

zionhalcyon
Adept III

AMD Red Team/ Plus - There were lots of co-mingling events in 2015 - what happened?

It seems like there was a stretch in 2015 where on Fridays, Red Team and Red Team Plus could mingle and play games on AMD's teamspeak.

However, it seems like there really isn't a lot of activity from RTP here in the forums, or mingling on the TeamSpeak, etc.   I mean, we're all here because we're fans of AMD, but it doesn't really seem like there isn't an attempt anymore at community building on AMDs own site.

Am I missing something and just looking in the wrong areas?  With as many passionate fans wanting to support and evangelize AMD, it just seems like a missed opportunity to have dropped much of the interaction.

0 Likes
12 Replies
feverstriker
Challenger

Re: AMD Red Team/ Plus - There were lots of co-mingling events in 2015 - what happened?

Well, there is the AMD Discord chat thingy set up and also it's probably a bit scares right now since E3 has been in full swing, so most people are paying attention to that and the RX480 release with ZEN and what not. I blame all the new shinny things.

derrickgott007
Miniboss

Re: AMD Red Team/ Plus - There were lots of co-mingling events in 2015 - what happened?

Do you happen to know the Discord invite?  Would love to join this

0 Likes
feverstriker
Challenger

Sent in a direct message.

0 Likes
zionhalcyon
Adept III

The thing is, on the precipice of a new release, one would think now is the time to mobilize one's fans and whip them into a frenzy.  I guess I was expecting more from AMD here on their own forums.

DOn't get me wrong, I see the AMA coming in the AMD reddit, and some of the other things going on, but I'd have thought AMD would want to pull people here as well, and get a home grown community up and thriving...

0 Likes
blazek
Miniboss

Most likely busy for the upcoming launch

The great virgo4u​ is gaming with the community tonight (starting at 8PM CT) and Sunday (at 8PM CT) on the AMD Twitch channel! 

Saturday at 7PM CT she is playing the sci-fi horror game SOMA (you should tune into that as well!).

derrickgott007
Miniboss

I played online with Virgo4u and a bunch of other AMDRTP people.  I had a great time and they welcomed me and made me love the community even more!

iamthesaga
Miniboss

I was there too.  It twas a blast.

0 Likes
zionhalcyon
Adept III

When was this?

0 Likes