cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Drerex
Adept I

AMD Red Team Early Purchase?

So did any of you get an email from AMD to purchase the 6000 series card early?  If so, how did you get the email?

1 Solution
omalak
Adept II

I got the email about 20 minutes prior to the public release of 9am EST. 

Placed my order and my card arrived within two days. Was not expecting to get the link but glad it came.

I'm not a YouTuber or a brown noser of any kind so not sure what logic was applied to be eligible for the link. 

Happy to be upgrading my Radeon VII 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
pmc251
Adept II

From what I can tell, virtually no-one got one.  Seemed arbitrary - like everything else about the launch. Some active long standing members didn't get it. Some new ones did.  Can't check the email address associated with my old account, as I lost it. 

rainingtacco
Challenger

Some brown-nosing youtubers got it, otherwise havent heard much. 

My biggest dream would be to receive one for the RX 6900 XT on December 8th

omalak
Adept II

Placed my order and my card arrived within two days. Was not expecting to get the link but glad it came.

I'm not a YouTuber or a brown noser of any kind so not sure what logic was applied to be eligible for the link. 

Since hardly anyone is able to get an RX6800XT, how about a fight on one in Fortnite FFA Map?
I would upload a picture but I have hit my limit...
Yes I am bored...

Map code 7650-5115-5414

Will give you all a chance to shoot me for being so annoying.

I am on the map now. 

Cheers.

@omalak wrote:

I'am happy for you

No one up for a fight? 

You all Chicken???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMGSviBG_U

Na.  My kids play fortnite but I don't.  I prefer COD.  lol!

RE: Na. My kids play fortnite but I don't. I prefer COD. lol!

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I think AMD should have stuck the RX6000 series "4K" GPU teasers in different games than Fortnite.
A blender render testcase of the GPUs would have been nice as well.

I only took a look at Fortnite to see the AMD Teaser or look at bugs.
I do not play it "for fun".
The AMD speedrun in Fortnite is annoying as hell and impossible to complete the last stage.

I'm curious to know, if this "early purchase" link was a direct link to the regular 6800/XT products or a different link to a special product page? Or was the given link personalised for you. Could you please share it or at least compare your link to the default direct links from the AMD.com store.

Fear not, for I am watchful.

it is surely a link generated and sent to the members of the red team in a random way

0 Likes