cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

lemiboi
Journeyman III

AMD RADEON RX580 SETTINGS FOR PUBG :)

WHENEVER I PLAYED PLAYERS UNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS, THERE ARE TIMES THAT I EXPERIENCED GAME CRASHING. ANY RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR PUBG?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please can you give use your rig specifications and monitor used.
Can you check and give us your overall rig T° while gaming, cpu, mb, gpu.
Can you also specify the game settings you are using, resolution, graphics.
Be sure to have both your mb bios and gpu drivers updated.

0 Likes

HP omen 17 Laptop

IntelR CoreTM i7-770HQ Cpu@2.80ghz 2.81ghz

Ram 12gb

Windows 10

64bit operating system, x64 based processor

i dont know how to do the cpu gpu temp. display while im in game. can you show me? thank you very much

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sure, you can download HWinfo portable edition, link here: https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

This tool should give you the overall T° of your laptop cpu/gpu/mb/etc and any other information about your system, it is a powerful nice tool.
Keep in mind that is for debugging purposes, i mean this tool is quite heavy sometimes because it pool the system, so it is not recommended to leave it always open while gaming.
So just use it when you need to troubleshot the system T° and parameters, not in your usual gaming session.
Be sure you updated your laptop bios to the latest, same as for the RX580 drivers.
Be sure when you are playing that the laptop is connected to the power outlet to get the max of it, the battery alone is often not enough especially on heavy mp games.
As benman said, check your graphic settings, there are some settings that bring more often crash? Try to lower everything to start with, then gradually steep up the resolution and graphic details and leverage how the laptop behave.
If some settings bring crash more than others.

0 Likes

hey lemiboi are you using the factory drivers? iits the driver updates if you are using updated drivers and not factory hp driver.

i talk about i here: Can not find the driver for hp omen laptop rx580? Any help is great!  the updated drivers make me crash everytime i try to play no matter what.

as soon as i updated drivers doom and quake champs would crash constantly. i have same machine. cant find factory driver on hp or here. i had to factory reset to get it back. when updating from hp it appears to give me the same driver. temps are high on factory drivers for the cpu near 80-90 when really intense but the highest i have ever seen gpu is 60-70c when running doom on vulkan with v-sync (to cap frames and avoid vulkan crash). I get these temps from the omen control panel button thingy. check hp. that download might allow you to roll back if you cant factory reset. quake champs will run high settings at 100 fps but i lowered to medium to low settings to hit 120fps with lowered heat. idk why but updating the drivers will cause all sorts of problems. ive been using the hp factory driver nd everything is a ok. no relive or phone app connection but i still get chill which doesn't make a difference on the titles i play. i made a post about looking for these drivers or a stable version for the hp 17 omen's rx580. PS: i see that it likes it when we lower or turn off anisotropic filitering. best of luck. this thing runs great on factory driver. almost returned it before i tried factory reset.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

try 1366x768 all on mid or low - only 2x AA and only FXAA -> you should have over 60fps in most scenarios

also try 1600x900 mid or low

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
zealotki11er
Miniboss

Changing in-game setting with not prevent the game from crashing. Those are caused by driver, the game itself, bad Windows install, or hardware problem. I have no experience with that particular laptop but first thing I would check is temp operation of all your parts. Too high temps cause also cause instability and crash applications. If thats the case your would probably want to limit fps and lower settings not to put too much strain on the GPU and CPU.

0 Likes

zealotki11er​ your right. its the driver. the only way this laptop omen17 rx580 runs is with the factory hp driver. runs very decent with driver but trying the updated ones causes a shutdown restart every time and if you do it too much windows will try and fix the problem and its even worse with their driver. i talk about it in this link->Can not find the driver for hp omen laptop rx580? Any help is great!

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

18.2.1 brought a new HWacc - its possible that this will cause some crashes
you should use an older driver or wait for a new one

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

someone just posted to my other post about the same laptop.  ive pasted what they said below. should i try all this? afraid of trying and loosing the current driver. i will have to bank on recovery again. the laptop is working just don't get all the cool features. here is what they said

Went to HP Support for your Laptop: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support .

Make sure you have the following Drivers updates from the above link:

BIOS - FIRMWARE PACK (INTEL PROCESSORS) - 03/02/2018

INTEL HD GRAPHICS DRIVER - 11/29/2017

AMD HD GRAPHICS DRIVER (WINDOWS 10 v1709) - 11/29/2017

INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE INTERFACE (WINDOWS 10 v 1709) - 11/29/2017

Try installing the HP drivers first and see if it works correctly by :

HOW TO UPDATE LAPTOP GRAPHICS: Laptop graphics update...How to

HOW TO ACTIVATE SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS IN A LAPTOP: Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Mobile : Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 Release Notes

Make sure your Windows Operating System (10/8.1/8.0/7) is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows Control Panel -Uninstall Feature to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

I am getting Around 111fps to 125fps stable 1080p, but with drops to 90's during engagements or driving a fast moving vehicle.  I Use competitive settings, Ultra Low on everything except Low on draw distance and Medium on Textures.

35 to 50fps on all ultra settings.

I have a Dell RX580 unfortunately, which is just an RX 480 reference blower card with a RX 580 Bios. Only Has 6pin connector and TDP 160w According to Dell. I have it set to +10% frequency and 2070 Memory. Best I can get stable. Hoping to upgrade to a pair of Vegas or upgraded OC'ed RX 580's very soon.

Ryzen 7 1700x Overclocked to 3.9 stable. This processor is a beast in gaming, especially if the game optimizes for the multiple threads. Between 15 and 21% Cpu usage on PUBG, so the RX 580 is holding me back.

16GB Ram 2400

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB for game storage.

1080p 240hz Alienware 25in 1ms Gaming Monitor

Internet 100/10

Hope that helped

0 Likes