Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb just installed for 3 monitor Gaming using Eyefinity

Hi I watched Videos on You Tube and it looked simple slip in the Card and open the Catalyst Control highlight the Screens into the correct order having selected 3 monitors

I don't appear to have AMD Catalyst. I opened Radeon Settings from the icon on the Task Bar and across the top on the Box that opened was GAMING    VIDEO     DISPLAY    SYSTEM

Where the You Tube tutorials showed the Option of Eyefinity To Select

the Upshot is I have only one Screen working..... if I press DISPLAY from the Box in Radeon Settings it Shows only one Screen with no options like I had seen in Catalyst Con/Ctr

I have one Monitor working the other two are Blank they are New Samsung 27" Curved Screen Monitors with    Display Port     HMDI and    VGA

I Have the working one DP TO DP and the other two are DVi    to   DP using DVI to DP Adapter Leads

I'm 65 and not a Computer person really be Kind to me lol ...... my new PC has Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Bit of advice in simple terms needed please what should I do ..... in the right order to fix my Problem

Thanks Folks in Anticipation I cant wait to see them running!

Cheers Ken

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb just installed for 3 monitor Gaming using Eyefinity

I have downloaded AMD Crimson Relive and realised that I will need "Active" Adaptors ....so the one that is working is  D/Port  to  D/Port doesn't require an adaptor 

if I unplug it and try either of the other two DVi to D/Port they don't work

so will have to find "Active" Dvi to D/Port or to the HDMI

So cant think it 'faulty' until I have tried that Some progress I hope

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Answered my own question ...... I have one D/Port to D/Port Direct Lead

I have another HDMI TO HDMI Direct .....and the third is DVi to hdmi Adaptor [not Active] I installed Crimson ReLive and its Brilliant my F1 2016 fired up wrapping round the three 27" Samsung Curved Screens [These Monitors have D/Port HDMI and VGA  ports on the Monitors]

now with my T500RS wheel with F1 add-on Creative Labs Dolby 5.1 ....you'd pay money to Drive this 'Simulator'  Really pleased with the set up!

Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Sounds like fun - or maybe even a post for the in "Rig" section (I certainly would like to see your setup)! Glad you figured it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Cheers Whiskey-foxtrot I watched numerous YouTube Videos but no one persons set up is the same as the next mans it would appear ...

I would appreciate a simple option in the ReLive Software under the eyefinity to switch off to one central display for the humdrum emails and work related what not's lol

All the Best Ken

My Monitors are Samsung S27E591C [These are Brilliant bits of Kit but not Cheap ....got them off Ebay from a Guy who went VR less than 12 months old! ....How Lucky was I .....I made an offer an set off instantly to get them ....they are £284 each normally] with a Radeon R9 390 8gb GPU