cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10. Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date. Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened. Suggestions?

Problem loading Windows 10.  AMD Athlon II x4 620 Processor. Suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10. Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date. Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened. Suggestions?

CPU has nothing to do with Windows 10 or updates. You should install Windows 10 manually. Windows 10

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10. Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date. Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened. Suggestions?

I have similar issues on my main rig. The MS downloader/updater will never work right for me. As a workaround, I downloaded the update on my other computer, and saved as an ISO, which I burned to a DVD (you can also use a flash drive). I was able to use this to upgrade my problematic computer to Windows 10 with no further issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thank you for the input. It's  great help knowing I'm not alone.  This is my main rig also.   While I'm computer literate to an extent I do get lost with some issues.  I do have another computer with 10 downloaded.  Can you give me directions on how to accomplish what you described.   Appreciate any help.

To: stan lotterman <stanel@pacbell.net>

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:04 PM

Subject: AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10.  Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date.  Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened.  Suggestions? | AMD Developer Forums

#yiv1749209766 * #yiv1749209766 a #yiv1749209766 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1749209766 #yiv1749209766 h1, #yiv1749209766 h2, #yiv1749209766 h3, #yiv1749209766 h4, #yiv1749209766 h5, #yiv1749209766 h6, #yiv1749209766 p, #yiv1749209766 hr {}#yiv1749209766 .yiv1749209766button td {}

|

Community

AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10.  Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date.  Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened.  Suggestions?

in Red Team I have similar issues on my main rig. The MS downloader/uploader will never work right for me. As a workaround, I downloaded the update on my other computer, and saved as an ISO, which I burned to a DVD (you can also use a flash drive). I was able to use this to upgrade my problematic computer to Windows 10 with no further issues. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Just download the tool on your other machine. When i asks if you want to upgrade this PC or another PC chose another PC. After that it will ask you to either make a ISO or USB. Get a 8GB USB and make a USB. With this you can use it to install Windows 10. There is only one problem. You have to get Windows 10 at least once as a upgrade before you can do a clean install. Microsoft has no way of knowing if you have a Genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 to give you Windows 10 for free.

What i did personally was Install a fresh copy of Windows 8. Updated it to 8.1 and Activated it. Did not install anything. Used the Upgrade tool to install Windows 10. This gives no problems since Windows 8.1 is very clean. After my PC had Windows 10 i then made the USB tool and did a clean install.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Went thru all the steps but when finished it was still only a partial download.  Any other suggestions.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 9:26 AM

Subject: AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10.  Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date.  Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened.  Suggestions? | AMD Developer Forums

#yiv5300066015 * #yiv5300066015 a #yiv5300066015 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv5300066015 #yiv5300066015 h1, #yiv5300066015 h2, #yiv5300066015 h3, #yiv5300066015 h4, #yiv5300066015 h5, #yiv5300066015 h6, #yiv5300066015 p, #yiv5300066015 hr {}#yiv5300066015 .yiv5300066015button td {}

|

Community

AMD Anthlon II X4 620 trying to download Windows 10.  Stops without completing download. Per Microsoft the drivers aren't up to date.  Uploaded latest drivers (I think) tried again and same thing happened.  Suggestions?

in Red Team Just download the tool on your other machine. When i asks if you want to upgrade this PC or another PC chose another PC. After that it will ask you to either make a ISO or USB. Get a 8GB USB and make a USB. With this you can use it to install Windows 10. There is only one problem. You have to get Windows 10 at least once as a upgrade before you can do a clean install. Microsoft has no way of knowing if you have a Genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 to give you Windows 10 for free. What i did personally was Install a fresh copy of Windows 8. Updated it to 8.1 and Activated it. Did not install anything. Used the Upgrade tool to install Windows 10. This gives no problems since Windows 8.1 is very clean. After my PC had Windows 10 i then made the USB tool and did a clean install. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

What do you mean a partial download?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

To be clear, my solution is to perform the download on a different computer, assuming you have one available with Windows 7 or newer. If you are unable to download the update on both your target computer and an alternate, I would suggest that you are not having the same problem that I am, and may want to look into your internet service provider to see if there are connection issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I did download Windows 10 onto a USB from a computer that successfully had it downloaded.  Used the USB to load on to  the subject computer but wasn't successful.

Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:06 PM

#yiv1850162557 * #yiv1850162557 a #yiv1850162557 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1850162557 #yiv1850162557 h1, #yiv1850162557 h2, #yiv1850162557 h3, #yiv1850162557 h4, #yiv1850162557 h5, #yiv1850162557 h6, #yiv1850162557 p, #yiv1850162557 hr {}#yiv1850162557 .yiv1850162557button td {}

|

Community

in Red Team To be clear, my solution is to perform the download on a different computer, assuming you have one available with Windows 7 or newer. If you are unable to download the update on both your target computer and an alternate, I would suggest that you are not having the same problem that I am, and may want to look into your internet service provider to see if there are connection issues.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

|

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

The only way that I recommend upgrading to Windows 10 is through the Media Creation Tool.

You can download from here: Windows 10

First option it will offer? Upgrade now.  Those that have done it (I've done 8 PCs that way personally) have had zero issues.

0 Kudos