cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

johnnyenglish
Adept III

Re: am i the only person who think the rx 6700 xt price is to high

So, the first reviews and benchmarks have surfaced at the hands of tech Tubers.

Guess that the price is steep for a spot between 3060ti and 3070.

I DO Believe as most other AMD GPU's, it will age properly and it can be a good purchase overtime but at this moment the price may be a little off. 😞

But then again... the GPU market is broken. So it doesn't really matter anyway......

That 192bit memory.... :'(

colesdav
MVP

RE: as most other AMD GPU's, it will age properly.

Are you talking the old "FineWine"? 
The only reason for that was because of the uplift in performance in gaming on new DX12/Vulkan versus DX11 on AMD cards.
The AMD GPUs were overengineered to compensate for poor DX11 performance. 

That will not happen again. 
So where exactly will these GPU "age properly"? 

If you ask me they are technically behind Nvidia 3000 series GPU on many fronts.
Luckly for AMD that Nvidia did not release GPUs on TSMC 5nm. 

johnnyenglish
Adept III

Good point.

Maybe they won't after all, which is a shame. The upper tiers are OK though, but the market is seriously broken right now to make a move on any GPU.

Steve already answered us with his video: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU Review: Literally Anything Will Sell

Tags (1)
colesdav
MVP

Sure.

Etailers in some places have no Gaming GPU for sale at all.
I have an RX5700XT and two RX590s and an old HD7970OC 6GB  sitting idle.
I could get an X570 motherboard and fit those GPU to it.
I have some spare RAM.

But I cannot get any RX5000 CPU.
I wanted an RX5950X but they seem to be RMAing lots.

I might just sell those GPU on Ebay.

nothappy
Journeyman III

I think the card is priced very reasonably. Find me another 12 gig card with gddr6 for that msrp. Good value, but... the entire stock has already been sold to scalpers. Will be available soon on ebay, amazon, walmart or newegg for 2-3x msrp.

0 Likes
jr6955
Journeyman III

you must be new to the pcmr cause this is awful price to performance the card should be 200 if you ask me back in the dat this tier of performance would run you 180 t0 260 so yeah 

Johnnie Lee Henley Jr.
0 Likes
FacePlants
Adept I

Hardware suppliers and retailers won't go bankrupt because of this. They're doing great. Literally anything they put on the shelves will sell immediately.

If you're patient and follow stock alerts, you can get hardware at (or near) MSRP but it's a bigger pain than I've experienced in nearly 20 years. I have a reseller account with one of the biggest distributors in the US and still, my monthly quantity limits are very low (2 each CPU/GPUs for AMD and Nvidia and a more generous limit on Intel CPUs). This is despite having to make a significant minimum order every month just to maintain access.

Demand is high, shipping is under heavy pressure, tariff exemptions expired in the US on consumer electronics from China which alone accounts for 20% higher prices by itself.

At the beginning of the pandemic, many people put off purchases but then with so many more people bored and wanting to game, working and attending school remotely, the need for PC upgrades and additional systems is very high. 

While the mining firms aren't helping things, they are not the main problem or even the biggest cause of component shortages. Retail miners with 1-2 GPUs mining on the side are not the problem at all. Retail miners are just making the best out of a bad situation and recouping some of the funds that went towards inflated hardware prices.

0 Likes