Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

norumu
Staff

A New Community Manager is Approaching!

Helloooooo Red Team!

I'm Kevin "Norumu" Casper and I'm introducing myself to you as a new AMD and Red Team community manager!

Self-Summary

I'm a total nerd, geek, and dork who's dabbled in probably far too many aspects of geek culture. I used to help run 200+ person LAN parties, I've been twice featured in print magazines for cosplaying as Gordon Freeman, was a PAX Enforcer for a few years, and I'm even credited in Axiom Verge because I helped them do some things.

Gaming!

I spend FAR too much time playing video games, but am totally okay with it. I'm currently spending all of my waking, non-work moments playing Monster Hunter World because I'm a long time fan of the series. Otherwise, I'm a World of Warcraft lore junkie, am pretty good but really salty with team shooters, and have been itching to play the entire Mass Effect series again, for like the 4th time. Also, I built my first PC for Morrowind when that was new and relevant.

Industry and Work

I've been a PC hardware industry shill for a while. I joined this industry at Cooler Master, originally as a support rep and later moving on to marketing operations and community management roles. After some time there, I joined Kingston Technology/HyperX in a more "behind-the-scenes" role around social customer care and global social media operations. Then, I sort of jumped out of industry to help Microsoft run their social media operations through the big fancy enterprise tool they were using to do that. Now, I'm here at AMD to get back into the frontlines! Woo!

Outreach

For your AMD-related inquiries: Hit me up on the community here or find me on the Red Team Discord as Norumu

For not as much AMD-related things: You can find me elsewhere if you follow my username around, but please respect that my personal accounts are personal, not for work, and are not representative of AMD in any way.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Kevin "Norumu" Casper

PS: This is my dog, his name is Barbas. He's adorable.

Barbas.jpg

31 Replies
warpfact0r10
Paragon

Congrats... and welcome!

eisegreis
Adept II

Official welcome to the community/team. o/

mohotashi
Adept III

Welcome to you and your pupper. Glad they signed you on! GL and let me know if you need anything from me.

-Moho-

And I have doggo pictures on demand, just ask.

0 Likes
eazydozer
Adept III

welcome

kxuping
Forerunner

Hello 🙂

Hi!

0 Likes
neon
Miniboss

Thanks for your introduction. Welcome. 🙂

jamesc359
Forerunner

It's great to make your acquaintance and congrats on the new job, hopefully you'll find it suits you. 🙂

rengy
Adept II

Welcome Kevin to this great community ^_^

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Nice doggo!

anubismarc
Adept III

Congratulations and welcome to the family

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Welcome to the family Norumu! Happy Community managering

0 Likes
feverstriker
Challenger

CONGRATZ and Welcome!

I raise your pupper Barbas with my pupper Pike, the original captain of the USS Enterprise.
21308_10204253603884459_2997773151225428707_n.jpg

oh my god Pike and Barbas could be siblings!

0 Likes
spinalfailed
Challenger

Due to a newborn I'm not around these parts very often anymore but congrats on the position and sounds like you'll make a welcome addition to the team!

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Welcome!

I think I mentioned it on here before, but I loved the Mass Effect series (games 1 & 2).  But that third game, really killed the whole series for me and remains the only mass effect game I only played once (Not including Andromeda, which I didn't play at all).

As for a WoW lore junkie, I have to say I'm impressed.  With all the retconning that goes on there I found it impossible to stay on top of.

0 Likes

I was adamantly against Andromeda as well. Extremely vocal about it's faults and problems and refused to buy it or play it.  A friend played through and said after all the patches it's a lot better so I bought it for I think $12 maybe it was $15 anyway while it's not OG Mass effect it was actually a fun game when you factor in the low price. It's currently on Amazon for $10 if it's something you've been kicking around give a shot you may not hate it.

0 Likes

I think it was more an issue with Mass Effect 3.  That game didn't make any sense in the over arching narrative established in the previous 2 games.  It was almost like the writers either were forced to included a titanic space battle with the reapers (which made no sense), or had never played the previous two games.  It was just so thematically and narratively out of sync with the rest of the series that I couldn't go back.

0 Likes

Welcome!

0 Likes
swaccelerated
Challenger

Welcome to the community /highfive

0 Likes
dryden
Adept III

Welcome to the community Kevin!

0 Likes
johnweland
Adept III

Welcome!, holler if you need anything. ~ Johnny Danger

0 Likes
scruff_01
Adept II

Welcome.Nice to see new faces.

0 Likes
kenyurigames
Adept I

Welcome Welcome norumu​!!!!! We are dog people as well!

Lily.jpgChrissy.jpg

cute doggie

ozsiix
Adept II

Welcome ❤️  , Sorry i'm late

0 Likes
spinalfailed
Challenger

I forgot to include my girls! They are protecting their new sister!IMG_20180116_170821.jpg

timmahotool
Adept II

Welcome to the family!!

0 Likes
rumbull
Adept II

Welcome Kevin!  Congrats on being the new community manager.  Love your dog pic

0 Likes
darkwolfca
Miniboss

welcome to the team man

0 Likes