cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Concha
Journeyman III

6800 (XT) still available on AMD.COM?

I wonder, if its worth to check amd.com time by time in order to get the possibility to order a 6800 (XT)?

Or was it just the short time on releaseday,so its timewasting to look up on AMD.COM every day?

Speaking from Western Europe (Germany). 

Thanks for your advises. 

12 Replies
korinogaro
Adept III

They said that they will make reference cards for couple of months. So it should be available from time to time on their site at least 'till late spring.

0 Likes

The only commitment I heard was AMD saying last week 3 more months. So that is the end of February 21. 

0 Likes
thelvyn
Adept II

It's dumb that the expect this.  Just let us sign up and put in our info, and then use that info to try to filter out multiple buyers and scalpers.  Right now their solution for this is just ridiculous.  Hammer f5 and get no sleep.  It's stupid all around, and we should all be demanding that they come up with a saner more customer friendly solution.

The only company I see doing anything reasonable is EVGA with their RTX 3xxx series cards. You can get on the waiting list for a card on their site. That is very fair and I have seen no other place do this. 

@pokester The fact that EVGA is doing it and everyone is super happy about it...drives me even more crazy.  The solution has already been found and implemented and none of the big companies are doing it.  You still need to do some things to ensure that scalpers and multi buyers are not ruining for everyone, but it is fairly ridiculous that AMD didn't implement this.

I can't agree more. They exact way they handle it too is great. You can sign up once per card and it's first come first serve. When yours is available they email you. You have 8 hours to finish the transaction before they release it for another in line. They also allow you to sign up again if you miss your opportunity. Which is actually nice too. As you missed one and now they will be holding one for 16 hours now. 

You really can't ask for more. Why the AMD store for instance could not do this is beyond me. 

I was super disappointed today as the world was lead to believe that AIB 6800 cards released today. I saw no proof of that. My local Micro Center who had like 8 cards last week on AMD's release day said they were told they would get more cards for this release and received none. 

I think only one card came out today.  The xfx Merc which is a super high end card.  Whole thing just feels ridiculous to me and very anti consumer ..and much more focused on timing for PR and to counter Nvidia, rather than to get cards to people who want to sue them.

0 Likes

I bought an EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX3080 this morning at Micro Center waiting in line for the second time for an AMD card! I love it. Plus the AIB cards for AMD will be priced the same as Nvidia.... What's the point of buying AMD anymore. This Launch pissed me off more than any.  I have been a loyal AMD follower for 10 years now with my last purchase of Nvidia was a GTX 260.  They handled this launch very poorly and If I had AMD stock I would be selling it about now! It's too bad 😞

I was also planning to buy a Ryzen 5000 and a Radeon 6000, here in Germany.

But they are both either out of stock or totally overpriced.

There were a few lucky people, that were able to get them at MSRP, but you need good timing for that.

It is frustrating indeed to check up on the different retailer pages and/or AMD.com to find stock.

There really should be a line to sign up, where you only get 1 card/cpu and thats it. (preorder system)

I gave up for this year. Old hardware will do just fine for 1080p. 4k will have to wait. :shrug:

It is just not worth the time and frustration to deal with this, without knowing if and when you get anything at all.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

The whole GPU launch 'thing' from (both Nvidia and AMD) is a big disappointment.
It is going over like a bad joke.
On the AMD side...little to no stock, despite watching for two months as their usual clients and much of the Nvidia 'faithful' stated they'd be buying these on release.
The offset AIB launch did not help matters any due to the massive shortages.
Some of those same AIB partners now coming to market with pricing well over MSRP.
In some cases those cards are advertised as much as $170 additional...despite many using less costly components.
In a lot of ways, this AMD's launch was even worse than Nvidia's.
Nvidia can at least blame their lack of product on a new partnership, which may or may not be producing the result.
AMD is partnered in a proven, high yield process and had plenty of time to gauge anticipated demand after the Nvidia debacle.
Short of a lack of workforce to assemble these cards, there really is no excuse.

They are Bleeping Idi*ts for claiming they didn't know demand wasn't going to be as high as it is.  I mean everyone is holed up at home because of this COVID bs and then the new tech promoting "4k actual gaming" that everybody has been holding out for! Really AMD! Then have a tenth of a percent of supply they would have normally had. And then have their PR doinks claim that they would take a $10 bet "that it wouldn't be like Nvidia's launch". NO N DEN! And then more than a month later nothing available?!?  Nvidia is actually trickling out stock which is eating their market share. I actually bought a 3080 instead, waiting in line for a 6800XT!  That was last month and yet I have not seen any evidence that their cards have been filtered out to the public since November... Great job pi*sing everybody off!  Not even a release of info as to when they will be available just total radio silence.  It's almost as bad as Nvidia's email that was sent to Hardware Unboxed.  They could be proactive like the previous post stated and take a priority pre-order to get a feel for what they really need to produce instead of this BS guessing game.  All it would take is a web page that takes orders and logs them in a database with account parameters.  It isn't. F****** rocket surgery!  

0 Likes

They obviously knew there will be crazy demand and AMD is obviously selling GPU kits to AIB for crazy prices. What is more probable? That AMD is selling kits for affordable price and ALL AIBs decided to sell their cards for 25-30% above MSRP and AMD is 100% ok with getting slapped in the face with PR $hitstorm or AMD is greedy motherf*cker selling GPU kits for insane price and forcing all AIBs to sell for far above MSRP? AMD is not new to $hit like this. They did similar things in the past and did it again. They are not our friends. They are part of duopoly so they are at least as greedy as the other player.

0 Likes