cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

9dtechmaster
Journeyman III

TressFX Usage for PS4

Hey, our team is looking to integrate in TressFX into UE4, specifically for PS4. Where would we start, and who would we talk to? I understand that this would require some sort of confirmation of developers status for PS4 at the very least. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
jtrudeau
Staff

I got some guidance: AMD does not provide a PS4 version of TressFX however developers are free to retrieve the current source code at http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amd-radeon-sdk/.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

I have added you to the white list, and moved this into the General Discussions forum. There really isn't a forum focused on either game development specifically, or TressFX. 

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

I got some guidance: AMD does not provide a PS4 version of TressFX however developers are free to retrieve the current source code at http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amd-radeon-sdk/.

9dtechmaster
Journeyman III

Thanks for the info. Is there any AMD rep or anything I can contact if we get stuck on some part of the process?

0 Likes

Short answer, no.  The source code is provided without general support. The license allows you to modify and create derivative works, so what you have in mind is clearly cool. But our ability to support derivative works, clearly limited.

If you find a problem in TressFX itself, or based on what you discover you have a recommendation, I (or my colleagues) will ensure the engineering team gets that feedback. 

My recommendation is, come back, post questions probably right here, General Discussions. The community may be able to help, and the community manager (someone like me) will at least pass on information into the technical teams. Based on the nature of the issue, the generalness of the problem, and some engineer's copious free time, we might get an answer.

0 Likes
9dtechmaster
Journeyman III

Thanks for the answer. Problem is some of the questions may be for a platform specific issue (PS4), so I'm not sure how much my NDA allows me to publicly discuss. Is it ok if I PM you with these issues instead?

0 Likes

Precisely part of my concern.... we work with Sony, obviously, and want to be very careful about what's discussed in public. ALways best to start out being discreet, so a PM is a good idea.

I'll do my best to get you answers, but keep in mind you are about to undertake an unsupported effort.

0 Likes

Yeah I'm well aware of that. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes