cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jtrudeau
Staff

Some moderation/SPAM problems

Developers: FYI. We had a major spam attack over the weekend, while I was off. The immediate response to that (other than banning the account) was we put a rule in place that newer people (even if you are whitelisted) require moderation.

This is a temporary solution. We will come up with something more focused in the next day or two I hope. So, if you create a post or reply anywhere in DevGurus and you get an "awaiting moderation" notice, I apologize. That's the reason why. Your moderators are keeping an eye on this queue and will approve it ASAP. And in a day or two I hope to get back to normal.

I'll update this when we have a solution in place.

---

UPDATE

Well, sometimes serendipity strikes. For whitelisted developers, and even our AMD engineers, we have resolved this problem. The solution has a neat side effect (unintended consequence). You can all post without moderation anywhere, including the "Newcomers" forum. Newcomers are still limited, but you all are moderation free everywhere! That means you can help out newcomers in that space instantly, no approval delays. I'm grinning.

If you run into any problems in DevGurus, post the issue in this forum, or fire a message off to me.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bsp2020
Challenger

My postings are now getting moderated. Can you add me to white list?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hm...

This message did not need moderation. My message in "Newcommers..." Installed AMD APP SDK 2.9.1 but got OpenCL 2.0? got a message saying that it is waiting for moderation...

Now I'm confused.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Thanks for the update Brian. I'll keep an eye out.

As originally designed, EVERYTHING in the Newcomers forum requires moderation, including items posted by AMD personnel, and admins like me. So what you see was expected.

BUT... the other day I tweaked this because of relentless SPAM attacks on the rest of the community, and a side effect was that any trusted developer should be able to post in Newcomers without moderation, which is an improvement.

I'll double check that you are in the trusted group, but the fact that you could post elsewhere says you are. So, as I said at the start, I'll keep an eye out.

0 Likes