Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

truthedge
Journeyman III

Radeon 6700m Series Win8 Issue

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with my laptop, i found many other related topics none have an answer yet,

Anyway i'm using laptop HP dv6

up2date Bios & drivers .

I recently upgrade from Win7 x64 to Win8 RP 8400

I'm facing a problem with the VGA driver , my issue was regarding to the Metro UI , i can't use it after digging i found that i had an issue with my ATI driver .

i downloaded

amd_catalyst_win8_release_preview.exe

But it didn't solve the issue and i'm still getting the error

Any advice AMD ?

Regards

0 Likes
3 Replies
kcarney
Staff

Try contacting AMD support either by email (http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/) or by phone (http://support.amd.com/us/contacts/Pages/global-technical-support.aspx). If they can't help resolve the problem, will you please let me know?

Thanks!

Kristen

0 Likes

I've installed AMD Catalyst 12.6 Legacy Driver for Windows 8 from This Page. I've ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. I'm facing problems while using metro apps. And many other people have faced the same issue.

Open this link: Camera App: recive "Sorry. the camera app can't be used with this version of windows."

Untitled.png

And If we want to use the Camera/Webcam in Metro app, first we have to disable the "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650" hardware from device manager. After that everything works fine. but after that what about games...?

Without doing this we can't use webcam in camera metro app or skype metro app.

Please give the solution.

There's hundreds of people who are currently facing the same issue.

Disabling the hardware is not a solution.

0 Likes
justinbellaa03
Journeyman III

That's certainly true of the AMD Radeon HD 6570 ($79 list), a card that's neither at the bottom of the barrel nor far enough up it to be tantalizing for most people. If you anticipate wanting to play any games at all, even at humble resolutions, you shouldn't go below this. But unless you're truly cash-strapped, at least glance momentarily up the price chain.

--------------------------

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

0 Likes