cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

klehocz2
Journeyman III

OpenGL multithreaded rendering

Does anyone else have problems with OpenGL multithreaded rendering with Catalyst 9.1?

Hi

I have an application that uses OpenGL for rendering and I use a separate thread for the image that is being worked on, while I render the UI on the main thread (also using OpenGL). They both have their own rendering contexts. Each context only gets OpenGL calls from its own thread. I am also not trying to share any textures, etc...

Does anyone have a similar setup working?

It worked fine for me with Catalyst 8.9, except that I sometimes see some texture corruption when changing the window size. With Catalyst 9.1 the application freezes in the SwapBuffers call. It works perfectly on nVidia cards.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Kornel

0 Likes
3 Replies
avk
Adept III

Maybe you should post your problem at email for GPU-related developer inquiries? BTW, what about Catalyst 9.2?

0 Likes

I did already send them an email. I didn't notice 9.2 was out, thanks. The crash seems to be gone! There is still the texture corruption problem though.

0 Likes

Graphics division of AMD (former ATI) is capable to create a state-of-art graphics chips like RV7x0 (Radeon HD 4xxx), but, alas, seems has no enough human resources to debug and optimize drivers . Maybe some VIP of AMD is too greedy to hire professional programmers or to pay enough for current ones...

0 Likes