cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

particlepeter
Adept II

Contrary to Mantle API Guide: grGetGpuInfo error with GR_INFO_TYPE_PHYSICAL_GPU_IMAGE_PROPERTIES

I get GR_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE when I use grGetGpuInfo with GR_INFO_TYPE_PHYSICAL_GPU_IMAGE_PROPERTIES ( enum defined as 0x6104 ).

APU: A10-7800

Driver: Beta 15.3 ( 14.502.1014.0000 ) and Beta 15.5 ( 14.502.1014.1001 ) both tested

DLL : mantle32.dll

I tried all values between 0x0 and 0x10000, only 0x6100 to 0x6103 is accepted by grGetGpuInfo from which I get correct and expected results. All others yield GR_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE.

This is no complaint as I use the unofficial headers from MantleHelloTriangle/mantle.h at master · Overv/MantleHelloTriangle · GitHub 

Just wanted to inform about a possible bug / API Guide mismatch.

Regards, ParticlePeter

1 Solution
jtrudeau
Staff

Hey, I should have followed up on this sooner. I wanted to confirm that this looks like a real bug. Since this is not a public API, there will not be a release, but the team is aware and I expect it will be fixed, if it has not been already.

Thanks again for the input.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

I'll alert the Mantle team. They may not respond here, but this is useful feedback. Thanks!

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

Hey, I should have followed up on this sooner. I wanted to confirm that this looks like a real bug. Since this is not a public API, there will not be a release, but the team is aware and I expect it will be fixed, if it has not been already.

Thanks again for the input.

0 Likes