Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

starwid
Journeyman III

Can't right click desktop after Beta driver 13.11

Hi

Some time ago I downloaded the new Beta driver 13.11 and unfortunately it caused some problems with my computer. Yesterday I upgraded my Windows 7 (or repaired it so to speak), re-installed the VGA-drivers for my graphics card and then downloaded the Beta driver again. So far so good, the computer seemed to work again, but when I rebooted it the desktop showed a black background... When I right-clicked the desktop to change the background picture, a small error message poped up and said that the "This Computer"-folder had run in to a problem and that Windows tried to solve it. After like 2 seconds it dissapeared and the desktop "flashed", the icons dissapeared for a second and came back, the network icon seemed loose the connection and then restored it after a second...

Now I can't right click the desktop without this happening! I discovered that if I go to the Control panel, click on Change the Screen settings and the advanced, I get a window with some options, if I click on ASUS the same thing happens as if I right clicked on the desktop. I've attached a picture to show what I mean (the menues are in swedish though).

I don't know what to do, I've never heard of this problem, and since Windows seems to work fine I suspect that it is the graphics card or the graphics driver... I really need help with this, it's frustrating not to be able to right click and especially since I've had so many small annoying problems after the installation of 13.11! Is there anyone who has any idea, tips, guides, whatever to help me?!

This is the spec of my computer:

AMD Radeon HD 6800 graphics card

Intel Core i7-2600 3,4GHz processor

ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard

Windows 7 64bits

Note: I've updated Windows with the latest updates through Windows Update. I also changed the background picture through the Control panel.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Regards

Richard

0 Likes
0 Replies