Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Bug in Catalyst 12.4

new bug ? , i don't know

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yer its a pain guys, and if you turn off your monitor or it enters sleep mode you need to repeat the steps listed in my last post. More importantly why hasn't this issue still been resolved? Starting to make me think about converting back to NVIDIA. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks, stopping that service worked for me.

My Setup:

Graphics Card:  Radeon HD 6670

Monitor:  Dell Ultrasharp U2212HM  (second monitor on system)

Output:  HDMI (using a HDMI to DVI cable)

Problem.  Once my computer went to sleep and was awoken, the U2212HM had a blue garbled screen.

Only way to fix it would be to unplug the HDMI cable from the graphics card and reinsert, disable the monitor and re-enable it, or something similar.

Stopping the service fixed the problem.  Starting the service brought the problem back.  So that is the cause.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi

I am having the same problem with my 7970 using the latest 12.11 beta driver, hope this issue gets fixed soon as it's a very frustrating issue, I can't believe the problem went all the way up to version 12.11 without being fixed!

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

now almost 9 month since i bought my ati 7970 and until now have this problem even in windows 8 when you will fix it .

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The problem is not found in version 12.10 and I think it started to disappear from 12.8 and up, I wonder why it's found in 12.11 beta, maybe because it's a beta version. however it offers an incredible performance gains but as you see with a price of being unstable, hope AMD fixes this soon

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm not sure where to put this comment, but I have tried all of the solutions proposed on this forum and I still have no sound. I lost sound exactly after the AMD update to what they are calling 12.4 on this forum, was installed. The update that seems to be called 9.961 in my device manager, a beta, did not solve the problem, neither did rolling back my drivers for display or sound. Another problem which may be related, a Windows prompt informed me that "kbdb.exe has stopped working" occurred at the same time. I did find a fix for this online, by uninstalling an AMD Catalyst component. Perhaps the two issues are related. I have tried all the combinations that I can think of of rolled back drivers, kbdb, catalyst betas and other solutions proposed here. No Sound.

I expect a lot more from AMD. I have lots of equipment here made useless by a simple patch, which had profound and preventable consequences.

I am running 64 bit Win 7 on a Sanyo HDTV, a 4600 series card.

Could someone at AMD please give me a fix to this problem? If this is not fixed very soon I will be getting a new video card and it will not be an AMD.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Have you tried to install the newest Catalyst 13.1? If not, then please do it. I'm not sure wether it'll resolve your problem with HDMI sound or not, but I think you'd give it a try. Also, I'd like to suggest you to use the Driver Sweeper utility (http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html) they way described in the URL. If 13.1 won't help, well, then, I suppose, you'd install any pre-12.4 Catalyst (for example 12.3). Good luck .

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst124bhotfix.aspx

here is the hotfix

worked just fine on my pc

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The hotfix did not work, I still have no sounds.

This is ridiculous, I've never heard of a routine update that does this much harm. AMD, can you please send me a new video card? Not the best you have, just something that works.

0 Kudos