Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

natasha
Elite

AMD Radeon HD 8750M driver problem

Hallo,

I have bought Lenovo IdeaPad G500A with AMD Radeon HD 8750M inside. Two OSs are installed now: Windows 7 (64 bit) and OpenSUSE 12.2. In both of these OSs drivers don't be installed properly.

OpenSUSE:

AMD Catalyst™ 13.4 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver: writes that there are no devices corresponding to this driver;

13.11 Beta: performs all without errors and warnings, but after reboot X don't start.

aticonfig writes, that there is AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M.

Windows 7:

after running the driver from http://support.lenovo.com the adapter appears in the list of devices (as AMD Radeon HD 8750M), but its device status is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)";

HydraVision Package (13.4) doesn't install something new;

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool (13.9) supposes to download 13-9_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe, but downloading is always interrupted by OS.

13.11 Beta performs installation, but after rebooting only one change happens: system calls it "AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M", but the 43-th error is present.

Could somebody help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
dtsirkov
Journeyman III

I have the very same problem with HP Probook 450.

0 Likes
Xiaoming_Cui
Journeyman III

I have a Lenovo idea Pad 470P, and I have the similar issue. It doesn't work with latest AMD release driver, and only works for Lenovo published driver, which wasn't updated for a year.

I think the reason could be  that the driver Lenovo published is not the exactly the same as AMD published, either Lenovo did some changes or asked AMD build a specific driver for them. I think this should request Lenovo to fix it.

0 Likes

I have understood why this problem happens. And it is solved now for Windows.

This problem arises because of integrated and discrete graphics conflict.

For both of OSs first the driver for integrated card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, in my case) should be properly installed. I took driver from Intel site. The machine must run on the integrated card during these drivers installation.

After this the discrete AMD card should be turned on and the drivers from Lenovo site should be installed. After this the AMD card starts work properly; the latter driver can be installed.

But for OpenSUSE there is a problem with the Intel driver installation. I took the driver's files from OpenSUSE site, done actions written in the README file, but nothing happened.

If anybody knows how to install driver on Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 under OpenSUSE 12.2, please, help me.

0 Likes
coolboy
Journeyman III

I am also facing problem with AMD RADEON 8750M 2GB ddr3 AGP GPU which actually drove me to buy my new Laptop.

And I am facing trouble with Lenovo G400 Series Notebook , Because of I was offered win 8 OS with this Laptop by my vendor

But when I told him that , I was last using xp pro service pack 3 with my Acer Extensa Zxxxx , then he told me that

Lenovo G400 series will no way support xp pro service pack 3 , the only safer way and best output can be done if I

choose win 7 Ultimate, So I said him okay. But After fixing everything my vendor failed to install the AMD 2GB GPU

he tried in several way with failure and then I said him that I will fix that myself , but after researching 2 days all alone

for fixing this I become some kinda desperate. I think some thing is wrong either with AMD GPU end, or OS end or

my Laptop Manufacture end. And whatever they are lack of in completing, but I am or all customer who will downgrade

will suffer. So if anyone reply me with a stable and professional solution then it will stop wasting time of others.

0 Likes
natasha
Elite

The continuation of this discussion (for Linux) is in Intel / ATI PowerXpress & fglrx. The problem hasn't been solved yet... Everybody is welcome to take part in that discussion.

0 Likes