AMD Developer Summit 2014??

No Dev Summit this year??

0 Likes
1 Solution
jtrudeau
Staff

Stefano Bologna

Not this year.

Everyone: No decision yet on next year. I will certainly watch this thread for input and feedback on its value and what you’d like to see.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

Stefano Bologna

Not this year.

Everyone: No decision yet on next year. I will certainly watch this thread for input and feedback on its value and what you’d like to see.

nuanda
Adept I

I think it's a BAD idea.

Ok, forum is good and useful, but a Conference in which devs can speak with other devs, give suggestions to Amd devs, try code, etc is unvaluable.

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

Thanks Stefano! I absolutely agree with you about face to face meetings, I love them, and love getting hands-on time.

0 Likes

Happy to read this!!

The "others" think that this kind of meeting is important: GPU Technology Conference | GPU Technology Conference

0 Likes

I would like sessions and tracks about OpenCl "on the road"

Sessions and Tracks | GPU Technology Conference

0 Likes

Hey Stefano!

What do you mean by OpenCL "on the road"?

0 Likes

"What do you mean by OpenCL "on the road"?"

Not only the "teorical" part of code.

Like in the link, real scientific/technical projects that use AMD technology (opencl, etc) every day.

For example Poem@home has released a new Opencl app and may be interesting to have a talk about it in a congress scenario.

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

OK, got it. Yes, I have on my wish list very much the same - some individual BOINC projects, or BOINC itself, explaining the power and potential of real world OpenCL and distributed computing for science, and solving real world problems.

0 Likes