Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 11 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

We're getting close to the end of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway... (say it ain't snow!) BUT, we still have two more days of prizes and with Day 11, Alienware has helped out once again by throwing in a keyboard and mouse combo and you can keep warm with a cool sweatshirt from ROG!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 23rd at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post by answering: If you had to live in a holiday movie, which one would you choose? (I'd want to be part of the McAllister family in Home Alone. That family had it made. Imagine the gaming rig I could get for Christmas... 🤣)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

homealonelimo.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671728378092.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Day 11 has come to a close! 

Shout out to all my fellow Home Aloners! (Die Hard is a close 2nd).

I'll update this comment once the winner is confirmed, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, try your luck with the finale -- Day 12! Featuring an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU!! (cue airhorn)

View solution in original post

119 Replies

I'm going with How the Grinch Stole Christmas, because I appreciate and resonate with the ethos of the Whos down in Whoville.  The season - and life in general - isn't about the things we have (or don't have), the gifts and the wonderful feasts and all the shiny baubles; it's about the people in our lives, the love in our heart and the song in our soul, and how that love and spirit has the power to transform even the darkest, nastiest, emptiest of creatures.  It's a beautiful sentiment that always makes me smile and I want to be a part of that world.

Key-J
Paragon

Spirited sounds like a good movie to live in. If I could be Ryan Renolds that is 😉

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
trefenwynd
Adept I

Die Hard

dwolvin
Adept I

A Muppet Family Christmas!

redneckpoet
Adept II

Does Gremlins count?

rseymour1
Adept I

Jingle all the way.

StikkyFps
Journeyman III

Jingle all the way

n00bert0
Adept II

Holidate

yakyak
Adept II

Die Hard

amd001
Adept I

Elf

wraithford
Adept I

The Polar Express sounds fun

pdeck31
Journeyman III

The Santa clause

umnikke8
Adept II

I want to live in Die Hard

mrpipster
Adept II

Hanging out with the gang in 'The Guardians of The Galaxy Holiday Special'... should be fun! 💥

Scrumpy
Journeyman III

100%, hands down, elf.

tosblackdeath
Adept III

Any Santa Clause movie love me some santa

KRATOS777
Adept I

gotta go with the timeless classic xmas movie die hard

jamesc359
Forerunner

Die Hard - I'd never get bored that's for sure! Yippee-ki-yay!

Home alone 2. Watched that movie so many times when I was a kid, I wore the VHS out so it wouldn't play anymore.

tstec
Adept III

Nightmare Before Christmas

trying to do the right in the wrong way, it happens to me some times

mr_bunny
Adept II

Elf would be a fun world. Relatively harmless compared to Die Hard or some others.

gonefishn
Adept II

Elf - let me date zoey 

bgnass
Adept III

The Sopranos

I would like to be a McAllister, but without so many siblings. I think I would love to be in a movie like Elf although maybe that is too much Christmas. This has been a tough year and my family isn't in the best of spirits. I need someone like Buddy in my life to add some fun this holiday season. I miss getting excited about the holidays.

dryden
Adept III

Gremlins is a holiday movie in my opinion, so I would love to spend time with Gizmo. Of course, I must follow the 3 rules when taking care of Gizmo: don't expose it to any light; don't expose it to any water; and don't ever feed it after midnight.  Silly rules, unless I want to see Gizmo's evil siblings. 

Hammbonez
Adept II

If I had to live in a holiday movie, the movie would be "Bad Santa." 

soullodolo
Adept III

Whoville in How the Grinch Stole Christmas looks like a happy place to live in.

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
Brian-Emmons
Adept II

The Santa Clause

mapdma
Adept II

It's a Wonderful Life.  Even when things look hopeless....

johnny_cee
Adept II

The Guardians of The Galaxy Holiday Special

tredeuce
Adept III

The Polar Express.

ThreeDee
Paragon

Star Wars Holiday Special 

ThreeDee PC specs

and a LOL is also appropriate!

ZeusCell
Adept I

Jingle Jangle A Christmas Journey, because all the Tech mix with magic.

57.jpg

ZeusCell

Star Wars or guardians of the galaxy holiday special. Mostly as a backdoor method to enter that universe.

DrDikimbe
Adept II

Arthur Christmas!

burnt_sky
Adept I

It's a Wonderful Life always hits me in the feels: not a perfect family, situation, or series of events, but a good guy with a loving community and friends and a reminder of the joys of life.

Spanky211
Adept I

I'd live in the Gremlinverse (Gremlins). ..fire up the C64 and game next level 8bit

dieselmax82
Adept I

I would have to say home alone would be a good place to be

Browork
Adept I

I'm tempted not to use it because it was the example. However it is the movie I saw hundreds of times when I was 12 years old. Yes I would love to be in any Home Alone 1/2/3 family. I mean any family shown on the street they lived. Look at those houses.