Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 11 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

We're getting close to the end of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway... (say it ain't snow!) BUT, we still have two more days of prizes and with Day 11, Alienware has helped out once again by throwing in a keyboard and mouse combo and you can keep warm with a cool sweatshirt from ROG!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 23rd at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post by answering: If you had to live in a holiday movie, which one would you choose? (I'd want to be part of the McAllister family in Home Alone. That family had it made. Imagine the gaming rig I could get for Christmas... 🤣)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

homealonelimo.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671728378092.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Day 11 has come to a close! 

Shout out to all my fellow Home Aloners! (Die Hard is a close 2nd).

I'll update this comment once the winner is confirmed, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, try your luck with the finale -- Day 12! Featuring an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU!! (cue airhorn)

View solution in original post

119 Replies
BlackDraft
Adept I

Again, Die Hard.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would live in A Christmas Story and be the friendly bystander that shows the son how to change a tire without swearing!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Jsocalzx11
Adept I

Office Christmas party

Yellow-AP1
Adept II

I kind of like Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, especially the part about shopping for lingerie and later on when the store attendant appears on the diving board.  Sort of gets the Christmas juices flowing...

mik3655
Adept II

The Santa Clause, would love to become Santa Clause and bring happiness to so many people.

tasg123
Adept I

Home Alone sounds good to me!

kataztrophik
Adept II

Id live on Knowhere in the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, seems like fun.

DanielStef
Adept I

Oh come on, I am living in "A Christmas Story" already! 🙂

x_lol
Adept I

A Christmas Story

rdenmon
Challenger

Christmas Vacation- Clark Griswold as my Dad!!

gear762
Adept I

I would love to live in the giant house in Home Alone!

da_gaymer
Adept I

It's a Wonderful Life

BigBoss98
Adept II

Die Hard 🤩

This is a tough one, but maybe The Family Man?  He got to experience it all, both sides of the coin, figure out what he wanted, and then eventually get it all too!  Such a nice heart-warming movie, so maybe that one.

Mcornford
Adept II

Office Christmas Party or Elf.

8rand0
Adept II

I think I'd be the Grinch 

aslan21771
Adept I

Jesus of Nazareth, I can't recount the many times I have watched this movie and cried through it each time. To be walking with Jesus when He walked on this Earth--I can't imagine a greater experience!

Breach
Adept I

Bad Santa would be great.

apstwitch
Adept III

A Christmas Story - because everyone remembers their first BB gun

BeSh0
Adept I

The Nightmare Before Christmas really has something to it.

caerbannog
Adept III

You can leave me at the Unseen University in Sky1's adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

The university has it's own thinking machine called HEX that is ran with an Anthill Inside. (Insert a competitor's CPU logo and sound)

a9e16c2a7c3ccd6f4ae29e43f142a62b

Lcts
Adept I

The grinch, so I can be grumpy, and nobody would judge me.

daddski
Adept I

The Santa Clause

SiN_Fury
Adept II

Elf, because even a normal human could be borderline magical just by living with the elves.

Moist
Adept III

Die Hard for sure.

SuperPet007
Adept II

Home Alone is the OG. Would have gone the full Alienware setup, including the chair and additional RAM 😄

Christmas vacation would be awesome

Home Alone Lost in New York. Other than getting lost he did run up that big hotel bill.

TriniTerry86
Adept II

So many classic movies to be in such as 'Frosty, Rudolph, Santa Claus', however, if I've got to star in a movie, it will have to be 'Elf' I can at least have pancakes with extra syrup for lunch, lol!

EarthMover953
Journeyman III

The Star Wars Holiday Special, but just the Luke Skywalker segment.

filinux
Elite

A Charlie Brown Christmas!!  

Here in Ohio, like MUCH, of the U.S.A, the temperature is starting to drop & the rain is beginning.  I can tell from the smell in the air,  my skin detecting ever so slightly the change in barometric pressure, and natures other clues that there is a big storm coming.  Well, all those things and the fact that its pretty much been on every T.V. , newspaper, and radio newscast all week.  🙂   No matter if you are caught in the winter storm areas or not take your time, be careful, and BE KIND  when you need to be out and about.   Nothing is as important as all of us being back here in the new year to show off new hardware, holiday stories, and comradery in computers !!  

BauerT21
Journeyman III

Home alone with Kev

jenle
Adept I

Elf

ydcontests
Adept I

I'll live in Elf.

KAPPY
Adept I

Hm… probably Office Christmas Party? I have only seen it once, but if I remember correctly that party got pretty wild.

hillberd
Adept I

Elf would be good. but Die Hard would be more exciting.

finagle
Adept I

Love, actually

uhwhat
Adept I

elf

kikih1964
Adept I

Christmas Vacation! Makes me laugh every time I watch it!