Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

We're entering Day 10 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway and if you thought the previous days' prizes were great, there's myrrh where that came from thanks to our friends at Alienware (and of course our pals at iBUYPOWER and ASUS as you've noticed)!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 22nd at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post by answering: Would you rather have ~3 feet of snow during the holidays or no snow at all? (Coming from somewhere that rarely gets any, I'd love to experience a few feet of snow!)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

snow.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_2-1671641312591.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

That's a wrap for Day 10! 

The TL:DR... those who generally get a lot of snow don't want it, and those who don't get it... want it! Hopefully I'll get to experience it someday.

I'll update this comment once the winner is confirmed, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, try your luck with Day 11! (More Alienware goodness)

UPDATE: Congratulations to @ZeusCell for being randomly selected as the winner for Day 10!

View solution in original post

126 Replies
tosblackdeath
Adept II

6ft of snow sounds good to me

hillberd
Adept I

definitely the ~3ft of snow for the holidays. That way I can layer up and be a snuggly caterpillar in all of my sweaters and blankets at home.

No snow. People can't drive. 

ReedSaint
Journeyman III

No snow!!!!

redneckpoet
Adept II

I think 3 feet would be nice once in a blue moon, but I like my (mostly) warm San Diego weather.

Mcornford
Adept II

3 feet of snow! I always hope for a white Christmas. 

azulyri
Adept III

No snow please 🙂

Key-J
Paragon

I came for the giveaway, I stayed for the puns 😉 @Wally_AMD 

Although we have had some crazy snow here in  BC over the last 24 hours that has put a HUGE strain on our transportation infrastructure... The holidays would not be the same without it!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
gonefishn
Adept II

No snow, 75 degree weather please 

aslan21771
Adept I

Well that's the question for today, hmm...when I was a kid I'd say bring it on, no school today and I never gave it a second thought. As I grew older and wiser, the "Yes" to snow became a "No" to snow; for I had a lifetime full of shoveling and have endured many broken bones (from skiing and many slips), not to mention all the close call bruises. I have recalled many days when I needed to work despite all the kids without a care in the world getting to stay home from school. So, I've come full circle or as Elton John sings to the 'Circle of Life'; from "YES" to a firm "NO!".

KAPPY
Adept I

If it’s only for one year and wouldn’t negatively impact the economy in a major way (I live in an area that has a decent amount of farms/ranches within a couple hours drive), I would take three feet of snow.

If it was every holiday, then no thank you. I don’t do well in the mornings and don’t do well with cold. If I had to deal with snow in the morning as well, I don’t think I would be able to function. 
Also, I think it would be pretty bad for the economy since it would probably kill all of the crops around this area (maybe not, but I honestly don’t know). I wouldn’t want it to be rough on any of the farmers/rancher that rely on that income every year (if there are any anymore, I honestly don’t know… it feels like every farm is owned by someone or a company that it wouldn’t affect too much… plus I assume some sort of crop insurance exists…I don’t know…).

I guess what I am trying to say is I would take the snow if it was only one holiday season and didn’t greatly negatively impact anyone too much.

Nw2343
Adept I

I would prefer some snow. I live in a place where it rarely snows so I would finally like some snow. I have not seen snow up close for 4 years.

wraithford
Adept I

3 feet of snow

DrDikimbe
Adept II

Id say 3ft of snow, but if it snowed here that would NOT be a good sign.

pdeck31
Journeyman III

3 feet of snow for sure!

I live in Texas so no snow. Last time snow happened it was a big issue and alot of people lost power. Don't have confidence in the grid.

It does not snow where I live. I would love to have one snow day just to build a snowman and throw snowballs at someone. I am happy that I do not have to deal with the repercussions of snow like freezing temps, icy roads, shoveling driveways, and scary white outs.

Hammbonez
Adept II

Is it really holiday season without any snow? Gotta have snow, so to answer your question; I'd rather have 3ft of snow over no snow at all. 

tstec
Adept III

Where I live there used to be snow in the winter but since they built a dam it has stopped snowing Snow on the 25th of December was going to be a reminder of childhood times

finagle
Adept I

Give me the snow

uhwhat
Adept I

i would rather have 3 feet of snow

n00bert0
Adept II

no snow... it just snowed here too

SuperPet007
Adept II

Already have a ft of snow coming in Alberta CA. Would rather have no snow at all and go outside! 

apstwitch
Adept III

3 feet would be perfect

amd001
Adept I

3 feet of snow

mr_bunny
Adept II

No snow. 3 feet of snow becomes 3 feet of water when it melts...

slowdive
Adept II

Snow is pretty until your driveway is plowed in by the city and you have to dig out 3 feet plus of iced over snow.

Moist
Adept III

I'm definitely in the no snow camp. I've lived my life and never had a green or even close Christmas so even just once I would like to not have snow.

kikih1964
Adept I

No snow at all (but in Chicago so going to be getting some)

Brian-Emmons
Adept II

Bring on the snow 😁

BleachWhite
Adept I

I always love waking up or just looking out to see a blanket of snow its just such a nice change!

johnny_cee
Adept II

nothing like the crunch of snow on a quiet evening

bgnass
Adept III

The snowfall in the morning is beautiful.

soullodolo
Adept III

Let it snow! Need material to build a snowman

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)

Most definitely 3 ft. of snow!!!!

🎅🎅   !! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE !!   🤶🤶

ZeusCell
Adept I

Bring the 3 feet of snow during the holidays, as long as everybody in the family is home.

55.jpg

ZeusCell
leyhart
Adept I

I'll take the snow! Staying at home with a nice cup of tea, enjoying the view. Nothing beats that 🙂

trefenwynd
Adept I

no snow

Browork
Adept I

I love the snow, and I'd be fine with 3 feet. However it would be devastating to the local area. We might see at most a 14-18 inch snowfall once every 30 years or so. Twice that would cause serious problems.

fishcrazy0
Adept I

I wouldn't mind 3 ft of snow for a day or two....