cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Bots In The Forum

I have noticed a larger than normal number of accounts replying to topics with offers like this one.

Re: AMD Ryzen 7 6800h Working at maximum power, 93... - AMD Community

cpurpe91_0-1661773777559.png

Last week I found a post trying to hire people for random positions that are not relevant to the forum. Are peoples accounts being hacked, or are these bot accounts? Should people be changing their passwords? This all has me a bit concerned. 

@Amber_AMD 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
4 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Here is another post that just doesn't belong on this forum. Erectile Dysfunction: The Most Efficient Treatment - AMD Community

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Thank you! These spammers are very creative, and at times, figure out ways to pass through our filters and anti-spam tools.  Although not required at this time, I recommend changing passwords periodically for any and all of your accounts/services, it's a simple, yet effective way to protect yourself, your data. I do it monthly. By the way, the spammers have been permanently banned. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

The only way I know of for stopping the fake accounts is to use an invitation-only method to run a forum.  It works for my with my wine forum and with the HOA community forum that I host, but it wouldn't work for you guys.  Maybe you can enable some additional restrictions on new accounts (no ability to post links would be a good one) until they have posted content / comments that have been reviewed and approved by a moderator.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

We appreciate you flagging these to use @cpurpe91! Amber, Sam, and I are doing our best to keep the spammy comments out/to a minimum and will continue to scour through new and old posts/comments to keep them at bay. 

Also, appreciate the feedback and ideas here @BigAl01! We'll chit chat amongst the team to see if any of those are viable for us.

cc: @Sam_AMD ; @Amber_AMD