Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

joggel
Journeyman III

Problem with Debugging OpenCL in CodeXL

Hi Community,

I have a serious problem regarding debugging with CodeXL. Whenever I try to debug any OpenCl kernel, it is not working. What happens?

Variables are not read correctly. Even the simplest operation fails.

int offset = 1;

The offset is set wrong. The debugger displays a complete wrong value(e.g. 0,64, 67...). Many If-clauses are not entered, because either the variables are wrong set(bools are sometimes displayed as Int and have a totally wrong value) or the If-clause is not entered(even, if the variables have correct values and should enter the If-clause). Sometimes the debugger just aborts the debug session. Mostly it happens at the same line or operation.

If I use the profiler instead of debugger, it is highly possible, that the driver resets or a BSOD is displayed^^.

Before I describe more problems, heres my System:

Dell Vostro 3450

Intel Corei5-2410m (integrated Intel HD3000)

4GB 1333Mhz DDR3

AMD HD6630m (Turks) 512MB

Driver:

Catalyst 12.2 Unfil up5

Because the most drivers(except the original and very old ones from Dell) dont work(no switchable graphics enabled, CCC not functional), I went to modded drivers(Catalyst 12.2 Unfil up5). Those modded drivers are workable, but not for Opencl... Mobility drivers from AMD dont work(tried many different ones).

Software:

I am using the InsightToolkit(ITK), which encapsulates OpenCL in its own methods and classes. This toolkit is open source and used for medical image processing.

Heres the Code:

http://pastebin.com/9LZv2fC8

This kernel checks for the max and min val of an array. The worksize is 64(4*4*4).

I've also added a picture about the output of CodeXL. If I step through the kernel, it just stops.

mfg

€: Heres the Bluescreen data.

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:     BlueScreen

Betriebsystemversion:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID:     1031

Zusatzinformationen zum Problem:

BCCode:     116

BCP1:     FFFFFA80043354E0

BCP2:     FFFFF88006E07408

BCP3:     0000000000000000

BCP4:     0000000000000002

OS Version:     6_1_7601

Service Pack:     1_0

Product:     256_1

€2: IMO the problem are an incompatibality of drivers and the Opencl RTE. As well the integrated Intel HD3000 could cause some problems. The BCCode indicates some driver issues.

0 Likes
0 Replies