cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeXL

gallickgunner
Journeyman III

CodeXL - Cannot debug kernel on AMD GPU

So I'm trying to debug my kernel because it crashes somewhere. I've tried the latest version of CodeXL 2.6 and 2.5 and 2.0 release as well. But every release fails to work for me. I have a 7950.

There are 2 main problems. On all versions I cant seem to open the source file for my project. The kernel file opens and I can set breakpoints but I can't enter it. Here is the message when I click on the yellow arrow.

Untitled.png

As you can see, it successfully stops at EnqueueKernel call but I cant seem to view the file. When I press Step In here, nothing happens and it moves to the next call which is clFlush(). This happens on 2.6 and 2.5 release. Note that I have my program compiled using (-g). I'm using MinGW and CodeBlocks and compiling the Debug version.

On 2.0 release I can get inside the kernel But after I press StepIn or StepOver, I get this screen

Untitled1.png

After some time codeXL comes out of it and gives me this. Can anybody tell me what's going on. I have another question pending in OpenCL section since I cant debug it :s
Untitled11.png

0 Likes
5 Replies
gallickgunner
Journeyman III

anyone? The performance counters are working but cant debug kernels ;s Are there any good alternative softwares?

0 Likes

As per CodeXL 2.6 GA release note, it seems that the latest version has dropped the  OpenCL kernel debugging support. For more information related to this or for any other query related to CodeXL, please use this CodeXL Issues Page .

0 Likes

I have tried this on 2.5 and 2.0 (the oldes available at github) as well. But the same problem persists.

0 Likes

That I'm not sure. Please check their GitHub site for more information. As I can see, a similar problem was reported there (How do I debug OpenCL now? · Issue #234 · GPUOpen-Tools/CodeXL · GitHub ).

0 Likes

Ok I'll try asking there.

0 Likes