cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

denys
Adept II

When???? Tired of this…

When will that time come? Metal Api rendering on AMD Mac OS… 
I just want to download the blender and RPR and do my stuff… It just never works, or some major aspects does not work. 
Yes I'm emotional now, but listen – open your eyes: 
– for years RPR is just a toy - you check it and it does not work to full. There no other alternatives on Mac OS… I bet AMD and Apple agreed to have a budged for a team of RPR and now its just being reported "its done" but its not… 
– don't ask me AGAIN my blender version and configuration etc etc, I did it many times here already … ITS JUST A WASTE OF TIME.
– Its fresh stable blender from website and fresh RPR, Mac OS, iMac Pro plugin don't even activate. Game over.
– by the way last time I checked Cycles on CPU was same speed as RPR on Radeon Pro64 with 16gb !!! With better more stable results on caustics, shadows and light. What are you doing in there??

The Only way is to wait for Octane X this year and new Redshift with Metal Api (which were announced long time ago…)

Im sorry bsavery … 

1 Solution
jl5086
Elite

I'm sure this isn't really helpful, but, I personally just gave up trying to use RPR on MacOS, and I just do my Blendering on windows bootcamp since it's openCL and It's actually been more reliable on my iMac/Win that it has been on my all AMD PC that I built just to blender (a bit slower, but very reliable, plus the iMac games like a champ).  I hope you get it solved soon!

View solution in original post

16 Replies